HH Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Std. HH Asym
    Insulation
    Living in FL./HHSS
    Suspension
    Stock HH - for now

Trucker's Hitch for Hennessey Hammock?

I have a HH Expedition that I've been using for the last 5 years or so and love it. It still has the stock suspension system which, I think everyone will agree, is a PITA to tighten and adjust when you use the figure 8 style lashing they recommend. I'm not in the position to replace the suspension yet, but I got to thinking about other options. Has anybody ever used a simple trucker's hitch to attach the main suspension line to the tree huggers? Is there any reason NOT to go this route?

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can give me.

I've not tried that way. I have tied a Figure 8 on a bight and used a carabiner with the old marlin spike hitch. It worked fairly well. You just have to redo the msh to make adjustments. I still use the figure 8 lasjimg though. Just like how if looks. Teaches you to learn to adjust by eye ball in it. Oh, it also keeps me out of the nervous hospital. Star in at those wraps keeps my mind off those evil coyotes.

Hammock
    HH Expedition & HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    I have not tried a truckers hitch but I have tried

Figure 8 on the bight w/carabiner then hooked into ENO Atlas straps. Easy adjustments up/down the strap but heavy to carry compared to other suspensions
    2 Rappelling rings with carabiners and HH tree straps. Easy adjustments and not much more weight than what came with the HH set up
    Figure 8 on the bight tied into two rappelling rings then Dutch strap ran through that. This is what I am currently using and is so far the easiest to use. I tie a slippery half hitch on the strap because I am anal about slipping.

When/if my HH suspension starts showing wear I am going to switch over completely to Dutch suspension with straps and buckles. Since I do mostly base camp hiking, weight is not such an issue for me so I won't be doing the whoopie thing.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Std. HH Asym
    Insulation
    Living in FL./HHSS
    Suspension
    Stock HH - for now
    The figure 8 lashing works okay, but keeping tension on the first wrap is very difficult (I've been seen using my teeth to hold tension while setting the next wrap). I've used the trucker's hitch since I was a kid for tying down my family's small sailboat to the roof of the car or for cinching down loads in back or on top of the car. It's such a simple, yet effective knot for adding tension to a load that I can't see why it wouldn't work for hanging my hammock. Eventually, I want to invest in some whoopie slings to make a simpler set up, but it's not in the budget right now (gotta get a set of straps for my son's Yukon and put together a simple stand system before a big camp out in early December).

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Std. HH Asym
    Insulation
    Living in FL./HHSS
    Suspension
    Stock HH - for now
    Never mind. I don't know how I didn't see this thread stuck just above here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Support-System