so many!
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG + diy or a WB
    Suspension
    whoopieeeee slings
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    Check out this video from Fronkey. Footage from the two hammocks starts around the 5 min mark, and a good explanation of how he did it starts at the 10 min mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oEr...YhKnVkW7TfPxtQ
    yeah that really explains it well. And you can shave off some oz if you can stand to be under the same tarp! Sharing = less packing!

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    I put kristen and myself under my kelty 16 all the time and we LOVE it. The most ideal setup is to use one tree (or a split tree) on one end, which would have both of your hammocks attached, as well as one end of the tarp. On the other end, the best would be to have two trees relatively close, and then a third tree or spilt from one of the trees a bit back and between both your hammock trees. As I said, this is the MOST ideal, not likely scenario. Still, we have hung this way using many different tree setups, and there is usually always a set to use... But it does take an extra second of looking, as you are not just looking for two trees anymore. Another factor is that when using such a big tarp, you are looking for a certain distance for your tarp trees. The last time we hung this way was the least desirable way, and its still worked out very well. Our separate hammock trees were too spread out from each other and too close for the tarp to have good clearance of the whole thing (a 16 foot tarp needs a wide birth). It left the open end much more open than I would normally like. I ended up using my hex fly to shut the one end so it wasn't so open...

I've heard of people using hiking poles to keep their hammocks seperated if they use one tree, but I don't have any experience with this method.
    While I love my kelty 16, and find it to be a very versatile tarp in most scenarios, for straight 2 person hanging, the Smokehouse Honeymoon suite is what I think is the BEST two person tarp scenario. I love my 16, and think it has more uses than the smokehouse, but the smokehouse will be much lighter (silnylon vs standard durable poly), and he has designed it with a beak to address the issue of the open end. However, I haven't used his. As I've mentioned, this is kinda an organic way to hang, and each time is slightly different. His tarp seems more efficient in the "right" circumstances... But I have always found a way to make the kelty 16 work. Here are some pics. The first 2 pics are of the last time we went, which was the least desirable setup I've dealt with so far. The couple in the hammock is actually my brother and his GF, getting jealous of our hanging setup, while they dwell on the ground. The other pics were from spring MAHHA, and that was a much more desirable setup. You can see how happy Kristen is to be next to me in the hammock... But not too close. I think that's her favorite thing about hammock camping. She doesn't feel me tossing and turning in like I do at home in bed.

IMG_6676.jpgIMG_6674.jpgIMG_4703.jpgIMG_4704.jpgIMG_4705.jpg
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Looks great, Pin! I can't help but think that with all the extra tie-outs and guidelines we hammockers must really confuse a lot of spiders.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    HG WP and Asymm
    Insulation
    HG TQ, UQ; MLD TQ
    Suspension
    I go Dutch
    Images
    Very useful video - thanks!
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who say there are two kinds of people, and all the others.

Hammock
    DIY 11" 1.1 black ripstop
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    tewa and HG
    Suspension
    UCRs/Dutchbling
    Images
    Looks good Pinball! My wife and I have set up under the Kelty 12 for our honeymoon, did a kind of offset bunk kinda thing. First time we did it and it wasn't terrible. Thanks for sharing

Hammock
    Dutch Halfwit
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG uq + Down Bag
    Suspension
    DIYwhoops+MuleTape
    Images
    My friend and I have been using the three tree method for a long time.
    We had to come up with a way to pass the bottle without getting out of our hammocks!

When we first started we used one of those big blue tarps and found another benefit was that we could put our fire down by our feet between us and it would warm both of us. (We didn't worry about burning holes in that thing!)

I also second the notion of finding sturdy trees so your partner doesn't make you sea sick!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123