Hammock
    DIY Argon 90
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Insulation
    Pheonix 20 +2oz
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    The tension system works pretty well. I dont use the water unless its for rinsing dirt off my hands or boots.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Howdy. Mind if I wade in, here? I use and like the things AS water collectors FOR water collecting. Now, this may be more confession than explanation, but, here it is anyway. Anything I say may, and probably will, be used against me in a court of forum opinion... I use pieces of green scouring pads, rolled tightly, jammed into the neck of the receiving bottles. This, as everybody knows, neutralizes bird poop, as well as myriad other annoyances and yuckies. Besides, we all know that the solution to pollution is dilution, and so, any bird poop yet remaining unneutralized by my green scrubbies (Unlikely!) is automatically made safe by the contribution of dilution to my watery poop solution. Hey; I pays my money, I takes my choice, I hangs my own hang and I drinks my own water. Think twice, then think again, before stopping by of a morning, to take coffee at my hammock. Or, just push it through your Sawyer first. Milk, sugar, and all. You won't be hurting MY feelings. *Note to children & trusting grown-ups: Green scrubbies do NOT, in fact, actually neutralize bird poop, OR any other kind of poop. Nor, for that matter, are they scientifically proven to neutralize ANY known toxins or pathogens. A concerned, responsible adult would advise you that green scrubbies can function ONLY as a strainer of gross particulate debris and detritus. As in all things, well, as in all things... Don't do things just cuz you read somewhere on the interweb that irondog does them. What's good for irondog is probably NOT good for you. My opinions are my own, and do not reflect the greater wisdom of the hive. The hive will doubtlessly agree.
    Last edited by irondog; 04-18-2015 at 17:19.

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I laughed my laughs at those words ^^
    😁
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    Grandma used to say that "kids need to eat some dirt in their lives - just to be healthy". Wonder where she got that idea?

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    Grandma used to say that "kids need to eat some dirt in their lives - just to be healthy". Wonder where she got that idea?
    Now, I never met Grandma, and I can't guess where she ever got that idea. But, if I were to guess ANYthing, I'd guess Grandma prolly purified your poopwater with green scrubbies! You should thank her if you can, and be grateful, in either case! I can only imagine how healthy I must be!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    Regarding irondogs comment re: Grandma...
    Background: 1960's. Small Wisconsin dairy farm with "chores" and an abundant work ethic. Got to work with lots of manure. I was milking 25 cows before high school when I was a kid. "Milking" included feeding and barn cleaning. Got to do it again in the evening too. Cleaning a kids diapers was a simple no-brainer. Just doing what had to be done!!! Grandma has passed on, and I'm old. No pampers here.

My point is that our bodies do not need sterile environments to survive nature. Now pesticides and food additives however are a different set of challenges.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Ha! You're 25 times the man that I am! I'd often hafta milk 1 ol' girl, Cubbus, before school. Before breakfast, in fact. She wasn't productive enough to need twice-daily stripping, or even once-every-daily, for that matter. You speak truth, and you make a good point. Well made and well taken, Mr.Tumbleweed. My own dear Grammy's passed on down the way, and held some similar virtues common to the girls of her generation. I suspect your grandmother was my own, if you get my gist, and with all due respect to our grand ladies.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Can't say I think much of the water collectors or the green scrubby idea. However, it does remind me of the story of Celestine Tate Harrington, a quadriplegic street musician in Atlantic City who played the organ with her lips, teeth and tongue. She was sometimes called the Flipper Lady, because of her undeveloped arms and legs.

When Celestine had a child, the Philadelphia Department of Public Welfare tried to take her child away, claiming the child could not possibly be receiving adequate care. In court, Celestine demonstrated that she could change her daughter's diaper and clothes, using just her lips, teeth and tongue. The judge awarded Celestine custody of her child.

So yeah, it sounds pretty nasty. I wouldn't want to change my child's diaper with my lips, teeth and tongue, but there's no reason others can't do it.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Well, any woman who'd kiss me deserves a good kissin' right back! And if it needs be a woman who changes out sticky pampies with her kisser, so be it! I'll be happy to sip my poopwater coffee and keep on kissin' the one who's kissin' me! I been known to put my tongue in every manner of ill-mannered place, and do all manner of well-mannered things with it, too! I ain't yet died doin' it, and ain't no one never died (nor even yet complained) of me doing' it to 'em! Nuff sed, and prolly too much. Gawd save me from myself. AND the mods! But I do appreciate, and I thank you for, your kind indulgence and toleration of my secret ingredient. I feel soooo... Tolerated!! It feels warm & safe! And, I feel inspired by your uplifting tale (Up lifting tail?), too!
    Last edited by irondog; 04-19-2015 at 13:17.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    "Celestine Tate Harrington...who played the organ with her lips, teeth and tongue."
    Well, I'll be. I rest my case.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast