DH, WBBB, JBD
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware

PSH: Pre-Thanksgiving Hang

Here is a trip report written by Don Morgan about our Palmetto State Hangers hang last weekend at Sesquicentennial State Park in Columbia, SC. Myself, Don, Jeff, Taylor (Jarrbear), and Kathryn (Campy Spice) were there both nights. Also, Gresh came by to visit Saturday night, and Junebug was able to visit several times via Skype as mentioned below.

"Five Palmetto State Hangers spend the weekend of Friday through Sunday noon (November 21-23) at Primitive Group Site #5 at Sesquicentennial State Park in Columbia, South Carolina. Thanks go to Jeff Hoffman. He hosts the event as well as taking the initiative to provide the five of us with delicious vittles for all meals. In addition, Jeff brought a load of wooden pallets and split logs that keep us toasty. Jeff raised the bar, set the standard, and becomes a model for how a hang should be handled when someone hosts an outing. On Saturday morning, a group of scouts and their masters visit our site and get the grand tour. We provide explanations on how things work while we are showing our stuff. Junebug attends in spirit entertaining us throughout our time celebrating via phone. Gresh comes out Saturday night to share his wisdom, humor, and good company around the bonfire. He brings his laid back dog that gives up his eager body for our concerted, affectionate petting. The weather holds until the wee hours of Sunday morning when it starts raining. I take off early to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. When I get back the rest of the group is already packed up and ready to leave. We have another enjoyable and successful hang together."
    Next Palmetto State Hangers Hang: Spring Swing @ Huntington Beach State Park

Palmetto State Hangers is proudly sponsored by and is proud to support: Dream Hammock, Underground Quilts,
    TATO Gear, Ripstop by the Roll, Hound Dog Hammock Gear, & Get Your Gear On.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Sounds like another great get together.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    This was (I think) the first instance of one of our members taking advantage of the fact that we'll pay to sponsor a hang and I have to say I really, REALLY loved it.

I was only there for a little while (Saturday was my son's first birthday party and Sunday I had a few papers to write) but what I saw was a handful of people out in the woods genuinely enjoying the company of others. While our four events are all great fun, it's these smaller ones that remind me of why we started PSH in the first place - good times in the woods with friends. Jeff did an OUTSTANDING job of setting this up and hosting and he's said that it won't be the last one. If that's the case, I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again to Jeff for organizing and hosting this and letting us come out to join you for some cool weather, hot fire, and great company.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

• + New Posts