Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    There's one circular loop parking lot area when you pull into the park. The George Latham trail is a 4.5 mile loop around the park that has an end at the northern side of the parking lot, and at the SE corner of the parking lot area. The whole parking lot (trailhead) area isn't that large...and given the relative scarcity of hammock campers out there this time of year, it's a safe bet that if you see a hammock, it's probably going to be one of us. There's a vault latrine and a pump well at the trailhead as well.

Typically, I personally like to setup on the fire ring in the NE corner of the trailhead area...but we often tend to spread out over that whole general section of the trailhead. This is car camping at its finest...we're literally just feet from the cars, so it makes it a great chance to test out gear but have your backup gear in the car just in case. It also allows for cooler chests and/or dutch ovens, so backpacking fare isn't required either.

I'm hoping to be out there late morning/early afternoon on Friday if at all possible, so if you'd like you can wait for me to arrive before you start to setup. I drive a white Ford Taurus...will probably have my son Weasel out there with me too (he's also an adult, so don't let that throw anyone off...hehehe).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wo...8d7c257bb8856d

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Thought I'd add...this run isn't really a 'backpacking trip'. It's more camping...but we'll likely hike the trail on Saturday. The trail is nice...and I've really been wanting to camp out on the lake itself more, but given that we tend to have a lot of folks that are single nighters and/or get in pretty late in the day, we normally just camp at the trailhead and hike the trail on Sat.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Well...getting to the point where I'd trust the forecast a bit more. Looks significantly changed from previously...hi's in the low 50s, lo near 30 Friday night, near 40 Saturday night. Not going to be a major test of cold weather gear for most of us, but a good range for anyone who's first coming out.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Forecast just keeps getting prettier. Fri, hi 52/lo 29, Sat 57/38, Sun 61/33, nothing but sun. Weasel and I should hopefully be out there a bit early on Friday, but gotta bail as soon as we're up on Sun morning (as usual).

Crowd should be:
    LBHiker
    MoHiker
    Radiohead
    Trailboss
    Owl
    Weasel
    SteveKS
    Fuhgawee (Fri night)
    Hoot?

Looking forward to seeing y'all out there!

Hammock
    GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge 4s
    Suspension
    Loops/Straps/Dutch
    yep...looks to be a nice weekend! I'll be there before noon tomorrow most likely.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Well guys, we're gonna have to see how things are going in the morning. Weasel is down sick with a cold...and both me and momma are getting there now too. Grandson spent a few nights last weekend, and said he had a sore throat and a runny nose. Not looking good for the hometeam at the moment. We'll make a judgement call in the morning...don't want to get anyone else sick, and need to rest up since we're starting our move on Monday.

I'll let y'all know what's up in the morning one way or another.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Well guys, we're gonna have to see how things are going in the morning. Weasel is down sick with a cold...and both me and momma are getting there now too. Grandson spent a few nights last weekend, and said he had a sore throat and a runny nose. Not looking good for the hometeam at the moment. We'll make a judgement call in the morning...don't want to get anyone else sick, and need to rest up since we're starting our move on Monday.

I'll let y'all know what's up in the morning one way or another.
    Trailboss and I are in the same boat Owl. She was feeling puny earlier this week. I told her hanging in a cold hammock overnight was probably not the best thing to do right now. I am thinking if the hang is still on we may come out during the day on Saturday to visit with everyone though. Will post if we are headed that way.

Hammock
    GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge 4s
    Suspension
    Loops/Straps/Dutch
    Well that's a bummer, guys. Get to feeling better!

I'm still headed out there today, a new hanger I know is coming out tomorrow to test his gear, so I'll be there till Sunday am.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    I really am sorry guys. Weasel and I are both down. We're going to have to drop out on this one and try to rest up and hope it clears up a bit.

Hammock
    GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge 4s
    Suspension
    Loops/Straps/Dutch
    Just me and L8hiker here. I think we are both leaving tomorrow early afternoon/late morning.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast