Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Revolving photos that upload horizontal in my File upload manager

How do i post photos that come out horizontal from the upload manager? thanks

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    This is the only Forum I'm on that has this issue. been like that for a long time. I think the only way is to use an online upload service like imgur and share the link. I'm not even sure that works...yes, it does...

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Can you upload an example and I’ll take a look?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawldaddy View Post
    How do I post photos that come out horizontal from the upload manager? Thanks
    You use the <Rotate> feature on the application, which displays images. Usually, these are on a computer or a tablet which have apps to edit photos.

Some Forum uploaders do not have this capability, so download your images to a tablet or computer, and open them in an application, then edit, save again, and now your images will turn out fine. Which way would you like your image to be rotated?

1. 90-degrees clockwise

18fG9gO.jpg
    Last edited by joe_guilbeau; 12-26-2020 at 13:12.

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    This is an example right out of my camping folder. I've shared it elsewhere in the exact same process and it was perfect.

IMG_0091.jpg

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    Joe_guilbeau upload any photo from a file on your computer. I've done everything you recommend and more. The only way is to use an outside host like imgur. Also that photo of mine you posted is not oriented 90 degrees. it's exactly as I posted it above. It's a dead honey bee being eaten by a beetle that is incredibly camoflaged.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ35S View Post
    Joe_guilbeau upload any photo from a file on your computer. I've done everything you recommend and more. The only way is to use an outside host like imgur. Also that photo of mine you posted is not oriented 90 degrees. it's exactly as I posted it above. It's a dead honey bee being eaten by a beetle that is incredibly camoflaged.

Rotated on computer, then uploaded:

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    Please explain further. So those photos are now sideways in the folder on your computer but upload correctly? Still ridiculous that this forum can't fix it for a straight up share from folder.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

Revolving photos that upload horizontal in my File upload manager

Please explain further. So those photos are now sideways in the folder on your computer but upload correctly? Still ridiculous that this forum can't fix it for a straight up share from folder.
    I’m still researching and will post something eventually on the best way to sort this.

But a quick explanation... when you take a pic, it stores the orientation data. Pretty much every software uses that data to then display your pic in the correct orientation. The software being used to run this forum is VBulletin, and their code could care less about the orientation data. It’s working as they intended... meaning it isn’t a bug, it just hasn’t been prioritized as an enhancement. Of course the rest of us think that’s crap but it is what it is. That’s a long way of saying it’s not like a setting that can be flipped here on the forum. The same issue occurs on all the forums running this software.

Edit: the workarounds suggested to edit the photo and re-save it work because they reset the orientation.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Rotated on computer, then uploaded:

If you are asking me: I downloaded the pictures that you had posted previously, the ones that were oriented wrong. They then showed up in that same way, oriented incorrectly(sideways) on my MAC computer. Then, with the picture opened in "preview" on my MAC computer, I went into "tools" and chose "rotate", rotated until it looked right, saved it, and uploaded it to HammockForums. And that is the pictures you see in my previous post, which are oriented the way that I wanted them to be, or NOT sideways. If you have a Windows computer, it will no doubt be a somewhat different method, but it should still be easily done.

Of course, you might have a different problem. I downloaded an incorrectly oriented(sideways) picture from your post, and rotated it on my computer to correct(NOT sideways), then uploaded it to here and it appears correct(NOT sideways) to me. But is the picture already oriented correctly on your computer, and then shows up wrong(sideways) once you upload it here? In that case, I'm not sure what you can do, or why that is happening. I guess you could rotate it "wrong" on you computer, and then maybe it would show up "correct" on this forum, but that seems a huge hassle. I have no clue why it would be "correct" on your computer and then be "flipped" once uploaded here. Some one probably knows, but I do not.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast