I finished the hammock last night and just finished splicing up my amsteel suspension. It wasn't too bad working with the 1.0oz hyperD. I initially started my hemming w/ pinning the entire side. That was more trouble than it was worth. After the first edge using pins I just made sure I got a good measurement at the start and worked in 1 foot sections checking width before starting a new section. Everything worked great. I followed Xtrekkers hammock instructions.
I started w/ an 11'x58" blank and finished hammock (before Knotty whip) is 10.5'x56". It looks huge stretched out in the spare room!
Sorry no pics yet. I didn't do any during construction as I've got nothing new to add. I'll get some pics up once I actually get it hung.
The only thing maybe worth adding about the build. I noticed on my practice pieces when I went in reverse to lock the stitch when starting and ending a run, the fabric would bunch up making a crappy stitch. I ended up putting a piece of scotch tape on the ends to 1. firm up the fabric and 2. give me something to hold onto. Worked great and there is no sign of adhesive buildup on the needle.