Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member MedicineMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Roan Mountain,TN
    Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Posts
    5,659
    Images
    76

    just jumped on some JRB sleeves

    it's the end of summer sale...now what am I going to do with the sleeves?
    foot warmers
    pillow
    enhance a vest
    any more ideas?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Hammock
    Blackbird Double 1.7
    Tarp
    big JRB tarp
    Insulation
    JRB NoSniv/Mt Wash
    Suspension
    Opie's whoopies
    Posts
    57
    I just bought a pair after my last hang in cool temps. I spend a lot of the night with one arm above my head (out of the quilt's cover) and it gets chilly. I figure the sleeves will be used with my JRB quilt.

  3. #3
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    15,689
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    it's the end of summer sale...now what am I going to do with the sleeves?
    foot warmers
    pillow
    enhance a vest
    any more ideas?
    Stuff into clothes to take off the chill ... works well.
    Leg Warmers
    Funny Hat
    Elephant Trunk
    Use around neck on top to seal out draft in quilt.
    Hand warmers
    Pretend face mask
    Last edited by Shug; 08-24-2009 at 22:00.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  4. #4
    Senior Member Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Hammock
    1.1dbl Traveler
    Tarp
    MatCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HR
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    298
    I just bought a JRB down hood. Just 2.5oz and it's going to do a much better job of keeping my head warm this winter than my stocking cap. It's the 1st purchase I've made from JRB. I'm impressed! Great quality. And it arrived sooner than I expected. I may need to get the sleeves to go along with the down vest I have.
    Dan

    Hangin' ROCKS!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mustardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Posts
    2,302
    Images
    42
    I was excited to see the end of summer sale, but disappointed that the Mt Washington 3 isn't on sale. I totally don't need the extra warmth of the 4-season, but sure would have loved to save a few bucks.

  6. #6
    Senior Member MedicineMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Roan Mountain,TN
    Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Posts
    5,659
    Images
    76

    work ethic/company ethic

    For those who've done business with the Jacks you'd readily admit that the products are top notch, service excellent, arrival time sometimes seemingly instantaneous and they are available right here or on your phone anytime you might have a question.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Hike4WD View Post
    I just bought a JRB down hood. Just 2.5oz and it's going to do a much better job of keeping my head warm this winter than my stocking cap. It's the 1st purchase I've made from JRB. I'm impressed! Great quality. And it arrived sooner than I expected. I may need to get the sleeves to go along with the down vest I have.
    Another convert. Get the collar mod kit and sew it onto your down vest.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Hammock
    1.1dbl Traveler
    Tarp
    MatCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HR
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    Another convert. Get the collar mod kit and sew it onto your down vest.
    Except that I also want to use it with my quilt, I'd consider doing that. I've thought about adding velcro to the vest ... since the hood already has velcro attached. I'll try it out a few times before doing anything permanent.
    Dan

    Hangin' ROCKS!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Hike4WD View Post
    Except that I also want to use it with my quilt, I'd consider doing that. I've thought about adding velcro to the vest ... since the hood already has velcro attached. I'll try it out a few times before doing anything permanent.
    You can do it either way. The free magic/velcro is on the "inside" of the hood. You can just fasten the velcro in front of your neck and it'll stay in place for quilt sleeping. Or you can fasten it to the applied velcro on any stand up collar, you just turn the hood inside out. I believe Smee said that he can push a No-Sniveler into the teens wearing a down vest with an attatched JRB Hood. JRB will send you instructions, I believe they are also at their site somewhere.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Scratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Hammock
    1.1dbl Traveler
    Tarp
    MatCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HR
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    You can do it either way. The free magic/velcro is on the "inside" of the hood. You can just fasten the velcro in front of your neck and it'll stay in place for quilt sleeping. Or you can fasten it to the applied velcro on any stand up collar, you just turn the hood inside out. I believe Smee said that he can push a No-Sniveler into the teens wearing a down vest with an attatched JRB Hood. JRB will send you instructions, I believe they are also at their site somewhere.
    Thanks, T-a-K. I just checked out JRB's website and read the instructions. (Not something I normally do). Now, I'm even more impressed with the hood. However, I wish now I would have waited a week to buy it ... since it's on sale. Oh well, I'll consider the extra $10 bucks a contribution to keep good, USA quality coming to the hammock world.
    Dan

    Hangin' ROCKS!

Similar Threads

  1. Jumped off the ledge....
    By shipsgunner in forum Warbonnet Hammocks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2014, 12:26
  2. SOLD: I jumped the gun....WBB XLC
    By Dos in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-25-2013, 11:00
  3. Finally Jumped in
    By Marius357 in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 11:23
  4. Jumped in with both feet!
    By KI4HWN in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 10:56
  5. I just jumped off the deep end!
    By slinky in forum Clark Jungle Hammocks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 16:34

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •