DIY 1.6 Hexon 72"x11'
    Tarp
    DIY hex
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ&UQ/DIY's
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Thanks for the advice. I'm not exactly a camping newbie, but my experience is heavy on scout-style camping. You know, designated campsites, a truck or trailer hauling in way more gear than anyone really needs, etc. This will be good for me!
    "The trees were like lace where the star-beams could chase, each leaf was a jewel agleam.

The soft white hush lapped the Northland and wrapped us round in a crystalline dream."

Robert Service

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    ok this hang will be off of marquette co rd 438.this road is also known as Dickinson co rd 581e.the county line is .6 mile west of 4x4 parking.
    the 4x4 parking is about 15.25 miles from ralph. the overflow/I have no four wheel drive parking is .6 miles west. if you park here we can coordinate a ride to the 4x4 parking or just walk it the road is ice covered. watch out for logging trucks.
    it is only half mile in to the spot.i walked it in last weekend so there is a trail,i had on no snoweshoes but I wished I would have the snow in the shaded areas was knee deep at times.there is a fork in the trail stay to the left I tied a bit of pink ribbon on the correct fork. I tied a orange ribbon at a good spot for the fire.if you get there first choose whatever spot you like for it. pm me if you want my phone no. text may work here but be somewhat spotty

the gps coordinates for the 4x4 parking are
    46deg 10'53.41 n
    87deg36'21.66 w

hang site

46deg 10'37.72
    87deg36'24.56
    Attached Images Attached Images
    diyin to hang

Hammock
    multicam T-bird
    Tarp
    camo cuben hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*; Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch; whoop
    I'm planning on being there around noon Friday. Trying to decide if I take the black Subaru or plow truck. I COULD leave the plow on...

DSC00305 by U.P. Evo8, on Flickr

DSC00525 by U.P. Evo8, on Flickr

Either way, I'll have jumper cable, tow strap, come-along.

Hammock
    DIY 1.6 Hexon 72"x11'
    Tarp
    DIY hex
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ&UQ/DIY's
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Well, if you wanted to bring a plow, it wouldn't be a horrible idea...

I had today (Tuesday) off, so I took a morning run up there just to nose about and make sure I could find the site. I got stuck for a few minutes in the "non-4x4 parking lot." A little rocking back and forth got me out, but I was a mite worried for bit!

I did find the site. Snowshoes were a real plus, but watch out for trees under the snow. One am-"bushed" me and snagged my snowshoe and I landed face first in the snow!

Absolutely beautiful spot, by the way. Thanks lonetracker! At first I was thinking, "Why am I hauling my butt all the way out into the middle of nowhere, panting and sweating, just to sleep in the freezing weather?"

Then I saw this:

041.jpg

Oh yeah, that's why. The picture doesn't do it justice. It looks like you stepped into Christmas card, only prettier.
    "The trees were like lace where the star-beams could chase, each leaf was a jewel agleam.

The soft white hush lapped the Northland and wrapped us round in a crystalline dream."

Robert Service

Hammock
    multicam T-bird
    Tarp
    camo cuben hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*; Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch; whoop
    I think I'll bring the truck and plow. Screw 46 mpg! Thanks for the reconn, Shroud.

Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    Looks like a perfect winter hang . I really got buried last winter with my 3/4 ton 4x4 in February . Found out trucks can't use the same trails as snowmobiles . We got it dug out but took up a lot of our Saturday when we could have been playing . Lonetracker is a great tutor only problem is getting him out of the woods .
    We're going to be down in balmy lower peninsula at Huron Nat. Forest this weekend .

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    <Sigh!> Perfect in every way... sure wish we could be there!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    <Sigh!> Perfect in every way... sure wish we could be there!
    I wish you and your young'un could be here too MacEntyre. however looks like you got the ball rolling for me to start setting up a winter hang around here, and I get to meet 2 new winter hangers both yoopers. so we will be a party of 4 yoopers this weekend although Steve is currently being borrowed by northern wi. he is still a yooper at heart.so maybe something will come up, if not we will count on next year.

looks like the forcast is -11 fri night(wind chills to -33) and just below zero sat night. good enough for me. that fire is going to feel good.
    diyin to hang

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234