Good posts here and good responses.

I stealth to blend in and avoid anyone from detracting from my wilderness experience. Also, I like to keep my experience from distracting others.

"stealth": the act or action of proceeding furtively, secretly, or imperceptibly

I'm interested in that last part. When hiking in the NF, Wilderness area, or local park I prefer to go silently like a deer in the woods. You can find me if you really try; but, most won't.

I prefer to camp on public land. We've got lots of it out west. All around my town I've got tens of thousands of acres of public regional parkland(that ranchers get to park their cows on).. and no camping is allowed. The nearest national forest is hours away.

I prefer never to trespass or camp on private land if at all possible. However; if somebody has a 2,00,000 acre ranch that they illegally stole in the 1840's from a Mexican land grant recipient.. who in turn stole it from various native american tribe(s) in the 1500's..who stole it from another tribe..eons ago. Well.. I'll let you mill over your own ethics and morals on that one.

"Why can't we roam this open country? Why can't we be what we want to be? We want to be free." - Robert Marley

Don't worry.. you won't find me hanging in your backyard unless I'm invited. Just letting you know I wouldn't feel bad about doing it though.