Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by visionarylion View Post
    I'll be there with the girls. I don't know what to bring, as the spreadsheet doesn't really say what is needed. We only have 8 people signed up to attend. If you're planning on coming could you please sign the spreadsheet. I had planned on doing breakfast wraps on sunday morning again, if that suits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotlips View Post
    We can serve leftovers if anyone wants what may be left. Let the group bring eggs, sausage, cheese and tortilla's, or whatever you need for the wraps. No need for you to foot the whole expense, you have kids to feed. By the way, do you have something to cook the breakfast in?
    @VisionaryLion I am looking forward to the wraps. Anything you want me to bring to help with the Sunday wraps? I am bringing only one of girls. I am planning on doing some hiking (so we can eat well saturday night) you up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs View Post
    Hey guys, new to the site and considering a thru hike on the AT in a few weeks. Long story short - got laid off and find myself with both the time & money to do it. Coupled with the wife's permission, it's starting to look like it's going to happen. I don't have much time left to plan but I'd really like to do it with a hammock. The problem is that I have zero experience with hammocks. I've been a ground guy since the beginning but injured my knee when I was in the military and could really use the added comfort of a hammock for a 2,000+ mile hike.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I live right at Lake Tillery and if I'm not already on the AT, I'd love to come check this event out since it's in my backyard. I'm on the Stanly County side of the lake and I was wondering if anyone is close to me and wouldn't mind showing me their set up and maybe bringing me up to speed with the way it all works. I'd obviously be making a purchase within the next week or two, so time is of the essence. Ideally, I'd have a little more knowledge than what I can find on YouTube and would be a slightly more educated buyer when the time comes.

I really appreciate any help anyone is willing to give. Thanks in advance!
    @Ducksanddogs I think you could cut and paste ^^ this post into long distance hiking. I think the best thing to would be to come to a hang. It really is a great way to see a lot of stuff and learn pros and cons of it. You might just want to make a new post because there is a lot of people out there who can answer a lot of your questions.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Bonefire 30F
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF3 w doors
    Insulation
    Bonefire 30F
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpalm2x View Post
    @Ducksanddogs I think you could cut and paste ^^ this post into long distance hiking. I think the best thing to would be to come to a hang. It really is a great way to see a lot of stuff and learn pros and cons of it. You might just want to make a new post because there is a lot of people out there who can answer a lot of your questions.

Again, I don't want to hijack. My only question is can someone in the area meet with me to show me their rig and explain the gear. I'm someone who learns better by seeing, so I'm not going to ask many questions on here. I'd just like to meet up with someone who'd be willing to teach me more about hammocks since I'll already be on the trail during this hang.

Hammock
    WBRR/Dutchware Half Wit
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    AHE/JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I'll be coming from the Charlotte area. Thanks for the help, looking forward meeting and greeting

Hammock
    ENO
    Tarp
    Noahs 16
    Hey Ducks, I'm in Albemarle and will be glad to help if I can.

Here's a couple of pics from Yates Place 2 days ago.

I'm either in the woods or trying to get there asap.

Hammock
    Bonefire 30F
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF3 w doors
    Insulation
    Bonefire 30F
    PM sent...

Hammock
    WB Blackbird, bonefire, dutch
    Tarp
    superfly, HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Huggers / Whoopies
    They changed my work duty just a little, unfortunately I won't be able to say through Sunday. I should get there around 6 or so Friday evening and will probably leave Saturday evening between 4-6. Have to work Sunday till Monday. I am just glad Yates Place isn't that far away from Fayetteville.

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpalm2x View Post
    @VisionaryLion I am looking forward to the wraps. Anything you want me to bring to help with the Sunday wraps? I am bringing only one of girls. I am planning on doing some hiking (so we can eat well saturday night) you up for it?
    Awesome, hek yea I would love to put in a little dirt time with ya. Which of your girls will you have?

[QUOTE=Ducksanddogs;1416395]Again, I don't want to hijack. My only question is can someone in the area meet with me to show me their rig and explain the gear. I'm someone who learns better by seeing, so I'm not going to ask many questions on here. I'd just like to meet up with someone who'd be willing to teach me more about hammocks since I'll already be on the trail during this hang.[/QU

I'll have four set ups so I would be glad to show them to you, some diy some frome vendors.
    It's not the fall im scared of, it's the sudden stop at the end!!!

Only hang as high as your willing to fall- H.F. member

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Does anyone plan to hike any of the trails ? I am thinking about staying a extra day or two ( depending on work schedule ) and try to do a overnight on the trail. If possible I would like to hook up with someone who knows the area.
    Checking the calendar and with SWMBO!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Does anyone plan to hike any of the trails ? I am thinking about staying a extra day or two ( depending on work schedule ) and try to do a overnight on the trail. If possible I would like to hook up with someone who knows the area.
    Quote Originally Posted by PappyAmos View Post
    Checking the calendar and with SWMBO!
    Gunner, I can stay over Sunday night until early PM Monday. Possibly until Tuesday. I remember many of the old trail sections around Yates. Up past Hwy 109 to Spencer Creek and down to Hwy 24/27.

The best bet would be if we can hook up with Firebird. He knows the the trails very well including the new sections north of jumping off rock toward the Birkhead Wilderness. He could steer us to good places to overnight.

I sent you an email.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    DUCKSANDDOGS. Watch Shugs Ten Videos How To Hang a Hammock Pitch a Tarp Insulation Top Quilts Bottom Quilts Pads Very visual very entertaining loads of information
    These are YouTube videos and you might also find them on Hammock Forums. Good luck on your trip--take pictures and tell us how it went.

• + New Posts
  • Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast