ENO doublenest olive/tan
    Tarp
    ENO pro fly olive
    Insulation
    UQ, & DIY TQ,
    Suspension
    warbonnett webbing

Tree camping...

Aloha! I recently successfully completed a a "Tree hang". By this, I mean that I hung my hammock in a single tree. I know there is someone on here who has done the same, and I have watched his videos, but I can't remember his screen name. Anyway, I purchased a harness this year, as well as a some 1" webbing, and some extra caribiners. Because I've had issues with people doubting the safety of some of my endeavors, I will go ahead and say that all the materials used were climbing specified. Anyhow, back to the story, I tied a knot in one end of the webbing, and three more at intervals of 8, 10, and 12 feet. So, because I did not want to get too invested in this before knowing or not if I would like it, I did not buy rope, and ascenders as planned. I simply fee climbed a tree, and hung it. I went to bed in a brisk 28*F, with my harness on, and the tether I explained shortly before, running out of the top of my TQ, and attached to the branch above me. I also screwed a small hook into the tree, and hung the pack with my "lift cord", the sting that trailed behind me when I climbed that I pulled the rest of my gear up with, on the hook. The hang was about 20-25 feet off the ground. Not a huge hang, but it was good for my first time. I plan on hanging higher in the future. I could not attach any pictures here for some reason, but, if you want to, you can check 'em out on Instagram. My user name is @jonah_tyree. There isn't many, and they don't put into too great of perspective, but, they help. Feel free to follow me when you're there. :P Well, I hope this wasn't too boring.
    Jonah,
    Then Jonah said, "I am a Hebrew, I worship Yahweh, the god of the heavens, who made the sea, and dry land.".
    Jonah 1:9 HCSV

"If the Arabs put down their guns, there would be no more war. If Israel put down their guns, there would be no more Israel."
    -Yoni Netanyahu

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a hammock lover View Post
    ...I know there is someone on here who has done the same, and I have watched his videos, but I can't remember his screen name...
    That would be 'Refreshing'... https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...at-will-happen

• + New Posts