Tarp
    GEAUX Dry Tarp
    Insulation
    GEAUX Warm UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images

Any info on this thread injector?

Hope i'm posting this in the right place. Does anyone have any feedback on this machine? Says made in Italy and has the VN logo. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
    IMG_20141220_221103.jpg

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Check out this blog post. Looks good from the picture, but I would check it out further. Serviced? Price? Run? I love the older machine and hope to get a necchi at some point. They seem to be more expensive around here, maybe because they are better I am not sure. I have been lucky with older singers.

Hammock
    GEAUX Hammock
    Tarp
    GEAUX Dry Tarp
    Insulation
    GEAUX Warm UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    Check out this blog post. Looks good from the picture, but I would check it out further. Serviced? Price? Run? I love the older machine and hope to get a necchi at some point. They seem to be more expensive around here, maybe because they are better I am not sure. I have been lucky with older singers.
    Thanks. This was my mom's. She had it stored at her house and I picked it up today. I pluged it up and it gets power but I didnt try to run it. I wanted to get it serviced first. Price was right...free thanks again!

I believe that it's a straight stitch Esperia from the late 40's early 50's. It's a quality machine with all metal components capable of making hammocks, packs, etc. There are a couple Necchi Yahoo groups which can provide more info and possibly a manual. Who made the motor and how many amps is it?

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by gdw View Post
    I believe that it's a straight stitch Esperia from the late 40's early 50's...
    It's a Necchi BF. The Esperia was made from '58-'61.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by latriper View Post
    Thanks. This was my mom's. She had it stored at her house and I picked it up today. I pluged it up and it gets power but I didnt try to run it. I wanted to get it serviced first. Price was right...free thanks again!
    '
    Looks nice! I love older uncomplicated machines. If it was being used regularly, it might just need some oiling. If it's stiff it might just be old varnished oil. Either one is not hard to remedy. Don't know much about Necchis but if you find the manual online you might be able to just get it running well without paying for any servicing. Learning the basic maintenance goes a long way towards having a properly running machine for years and it'll save you money.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    GEAUX Hammock
    Tarp
    GEAUX Dry Tarp
    Insulation
    GEAUX Warm UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    It's a Necchi BF. The Esperia was made from '58-'61.
    Yes it is a BF. Any idea the years they were made with the VN logo..

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    '
    Looks nice! I love older uncomplicated machines. If it was being used regularly, it might just need some oiling. If it's stiff it might just be old varnished oil. Either one is not hard to remedy. Don't know much about Necchis but if you find the manual online you might be able to just get it running well without paying for any servicing. Learning the basic maintenance goes a long way towards having a properly running machine for years and it'll save you money.
    It has not been used in YEARS! All the parts are there even a box with 5 different size hemmer feet. If i can find the right manual with oiling diagram I will give it a shot

Thanks everyone!

You're right, it's a BF not Esperia. I've read on other forums that Necchi changed the logo, dropped the V, in 1950 so your machine was made sometime after WWII and before the logo change. Does it have the original motor?
    You can find more info on it here as well as a free manual in the photos section:
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ng_Circle/info

• + New Posts