Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pimp my NX-250?

Pimp my NX-250?

Folks,

I've been playing around with my newly-delivered NX-250, and will be sleeping in it tomorrow night. I love it - much more flexible sleeping than my Hennessy. The HH is great, but it forces me onto my back, and I don't like the underside entry.

Anway, I'm starting to 'pimp' my hammock. I've put Traser kit markers on the zips and mini carabiners on the tags inside. I've ordered some 4mm elastic shock cord to replace some of the guy lines, and some hooks to make an internal hanging line within the hammock.

I may also fit large carabiners to each end where the current ropes go through do that it can be quickly released.

So, does anyone have any tips for modifications or extras on their Clark?

Cheers

Tobes

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_d95KMfjOvd...320/kramer.jpg

Folks,

I've been playing around with my newly-delivered NX-250, and will be sleeping in it tomorrow night. I love it - much more flexible sleeping than my Hennessy. The HH is great, but it forces me onto my back, and I don't like the underside entry.

Anway, I'm starting to 'pimp' my hammock. I've put Traser kit markers on the zips and mini carabiners on the tags inside. I've ordered some 4mm elastic shock cord to replace some of the guy lines, and some hooks to make an internal hanging line within the hammock.

I may also fit large carabiners to each end where the current ropes go through do that it can be quickly released.

So, does anyone have any tips for modifications or extras on their Clark?

Cheers

Tobes[/QUOTE]

Hammock
    ENO, ABES
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Camo
    Insulation
    DIY FL Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Now, that's funny...

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ
    Suspension
    AHE Strps & Whpies

NX-250 Modifications

Hi Tobster:

I have owned an NX-250 since May 2009. I haven't had too much time for modifications, so I don't have much to report. It sounds like you have made some nice changes; well worth considering.

Things I have added to my NX-250 kit bag are:

1. a set of titanium stakes with a small stake bag for the tarp tie outs;
    2. a 30' 4 mm ridge line for the tarp with niteize figure 9s at each end and a prussic line on each end for rigging the tarp securely;
    3. a JRB "Mt. Washington 3" Under Quilt (Clark plans to put out their own branded Under Quilt soon. You might want to consider that if you are so inclined);
    4. a JRB Tri-Glide rigging set which is an option that can replace the stock Clark rope rigging. It is supposed to be a bit lighter and faster to set up. I just ordered the JRB Tri-Glide rigging. I can't vouch for it yet. But, I expect good results

Good luck with your new NX-250.

Thanks for that. I hadn't come across the JRBs before. I have however just swapped the rubbish Clark ropes for climbing rope and carabiners, and put a drip wick on each end just to be on the safe side. The original drip rings will go on my tarp line. I've got a batch of shock cord and hooks arriving to make a central hanging line under the tarp, and to replace some of the guy lines. Will post pics when I'm done.

Cheers

Tobes

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by tobster View Post
    I have however just swapped the rubbish Clark ropes for climbing rope and carabiners, and put a drip wick on each end just to be on the safe side. The original drip rings will go on my tarp line.

Tobes
    I use the drip rings as both a "drip ring" and as part of being able to adjust my ropes really easy.

I've read of several people swapping out the clark ropes, BUT isn't Climbing rope streatchy ???? Hence the reason it's made for climbing???!!!

TinaLouise

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I switched out the ropes on my Clark NA to a whoopie sling, 7/64 amsteel blue. I put the drip rings on the whoopie sling, between the fixed eye bury and the adjustable part of the sling. I like the way it works, and the rope is a heck of a lot easier to pack than the Clark rope. I have to carry a tree sling, but I do that anyway for all my hammocks.

So yes, some people switch out their Clark ropes, but I wouldn't do it with climbing rope. Something with a little less stretch would be better.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ
    Suspension
    AHE Strps & Whpies
    Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    I switched out the ropes on my Clark NA to a whoopie sling, 7/64 amsteel blue. I put the drip rings on the whoopie sling, between the fixed eye bury and the adjustable part of the sling. I like the way it works, and the rope is a heck of a lot easier to pack than the Clark rope. I have to carry a tree sling, but I do that anyway for all my hammocks.

So yes, some people switch out their Clark ropes, but I wouldn't do it with climbing rope. Something with a little less stretch would be better.
    Hi fin:

If it is not too much trouble, could you provide a picture of your rigging set up on the Clark Hammock? It sounds like you have some great ideas.

D'oh! I may have made a schoolboy error with that rope. Fin, would love to see your rig, still trying to figure out how those slings would work.

Tobes

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I will try to get those up by this weekend, maybe even tonight. I keep meaning to take some pics, because I have also added a ridgeline to my Clark NA, so the netting stays up when the tarp is not deployed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast