DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Yes, you most definitely can. Despite the issue with it being smallish, it's still proportionately larger than my tarp (and mine'll keep me dry in straight-down rain, though I do need an undercover for blowing rain). If it's set up right on your ridgeline (which is why the Hennessys have those suspension attachment points; it simplifies doing this), it'll keep you dry through pretty much anything. Sgt. Rock had a period a ways back where he hung in a tropical storm with that tarp and stayed bone dry. If you decide to use it on an hammock other than an Hennessy, a pair of S-biners can help keep the tarp in line with your suspension, maximizing coverage (credit for this idea goes to Black Wolf).

Hope it helps!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I have this rainfly from my Hennessy days, I have used it in some serious storms, rain comes from every direction on the Oregon/Washington Coast (the area where the U.S. Coast Guard trains for their Cold Water Rescue), in the beginning I was soaked a few times, then I learned how to not get an unexpected bath. Practice, practice, practice. I still use my Hennessy tarps, not the hammocks just the tarps and the top cover. That's a great price along with free shipping. The Seller's reputation looks okay, not great but okay. Pay with a credit card, so you have recourse if something does not go well in the transaction. I found if you do not have an account with PayPal, they do not help you when there is a problem. I use the guest checkout, instead of the member checkout. Be aware Debit Cards do not have the same safety features under the law that Credit Cards carry.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12