Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by randomsteve95370 View Post
    Haven't Seen any of your Charcoal Grey yet :O Well then here is my newly completed Charcoal grey 12x10 Tarp!

Nothing super fancy but I am quite happy with how it came out being pretty much my first time Sewing anything. The Silpoly looks great, feels great, and pitches amazingly. I would use it again no doubt.

That actually turns out to be a nice color for a tarp, we dont need fancy , we need dry!

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    My 2qzq under quilt protector made with .66 oz MEMBRANE 10. I had it out this weekend with my minimalist tarp. Stormed most of the night and the fabric did a good job of shedding splash. Nice looking fabric with a very tight weave.

image.jpg
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    DIY 11' Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Here is my SilPoly Olive Drab 12x10 tarp. This stuff really is easy to sew--was my first tarp. Just needed to go slow and it wasn't much trouble at all.Tarp2.jpgTarp1.jpg

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    MWG Monster Fly
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Custom UQ
    Suspension
    Continuous Loops
    These look awesome. Anyone feel they prefer SilNylon or are you all pretty hooked on SilPoly after trying it?

Quote Originally Posted by sjlawrence View Post
    Attachment 108411

This is my 1st ever DIY gear project. Made 1 for me & 1 for the hubster. DIY hammocks next.
    Sous that just a hex tarp with no cat cuts? Looks like a nice tight pitch. Looks like everyone is getting good pitchs with out the cat cuts. I was planning on making a cat cut hex tarp, but I might nice the cuts now. Has any one tried it both ways? Or find out that that the cuts do offer a better pitch?

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    These look awesome. Anyone feel they prefer SilNylon or are you all pretty hooked on SilPoly after trying it?
    The differenece, at least in my experience, comes down to stretch. Polyester stretches less. Both when working with it, and out in the field (mostly when it rains)

I for one plan on replacing all of my tarps with SilPoly as money allows. So put me firmly in the "hooked on SilPoly" side of the line.

Hammock
    DIY 11' Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy View Post
    Sous that just a hex tarp with no cat cuts? Looks like a nice tight pitch. Looks like everyone is getting good pitchs with out the cat cuts. I was planning on making a cat cut hex tarp, but I might nice the cuts now. Has any one tried it both ways? Or find out that that the cuts do offer a better pitch?
    I can't speak directly for the hex without cat cuts. But based on my 12x10 rectangle tarp, I would believe that cat cuts would not be necessary for silpoly hex tarps.

The pictures above of my 12x10 are with it tied off just at the corners. As you can see, I got a reasonably tight pitch. And that's a big 'ol tarp. A hex (even without cat cuts) would be an even tighter pitch just with the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by daverr View Post
    I can't speak directly for the hex without cat cuts. But based on my 12x10 rectangle tarp, I would believe that cat cuts would not be necessary for silpoly hex tarps.

The pictures above of my 12x10 are with it tied off just at the corners. As you can see, I got a reasonably tight pitch. And that's a big 'ol tarp. A hex (even without cat cuts) would be an even tighter pitch just with the angles.
    Looking at yours was what made me think it wasn't necessary. Did you set yours up so it was able to have doors? I am planning a hex to save some weight, but might do a rectangle later for rougher weather.

Hammock
    DIY 11' Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Looking at yours was what made me think it wasn't necessary. Did you set yours up so it was able to have doors? I am planning a hex to save some weight, but might do a rectangle later for rougher weather.
    I did. Its hard to see in the photos, but I added tieouts three feet inside each of the corner tie-outs. I'll try and set it up in door-mode in the coming days and report back with photos.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    I made one of the first Silpoly tarps using a testing sample and I put that tarp through hell for a week.. I Never touched it past initially setting it up (other then restaking a pulled stake) I bound half the tarp.. leaving the other half as a simple rolled hem (as a comparison)

After a week with some rain, and some snow.. it was still pitched tight, with no cat cuts.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast