Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Welcome in from a fellow 'Sconsinite.
    For a first hammock I don't see how you could go wrong with this: http://www.infinityoutfitter.com/store/c9/Leisure.html
    Leapin Lizards, there almost giving them away!

Kind of have my sights set on a Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7 with Superfly tarp. I'm 6'3" ~195lbs. Just trying to decide on a Yeti UQ or taking a stab at making my own UQ. I see so many forum members making their own that it makes me want to give it a go! Plan to use my Marmot down bag as a TQ initially with a possibility of MacGyvering it by removing the zips and hood down the road. Still trying to absorb as much as I can from you guys/girls before making the purchase.

Hammock
    GT SB-Pro, Infinity, Yukon, Vivere
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6
    Insulation
    SleepBagThermaRest
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopies,adjSRL
    I'm 6'2" 250lbs and my 60lb dog sleeps in the 'mock with me in all four seasons. Grand Trunk's Skeeter Beeter Pro is as small as I want to go in a hammock. Works well but like the TLG Dbl and now the Infinity Leisure better... when the skeeters aren't out anyhow!

Sounds like you have a good plan going, hope to see it at the WI Spring Hang!
    (insert pithy quote here)

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    There is no way I'm sharing the hammock with my 70lb hairy monster! Fortunately she isn't one that rolls in smelly things but, she sheds enough hair every day that you could darn near make another dog, will find any source of water and take a swim, does her fair share of tossing and turning during the night and is somewhat of a tick magnet. In a nutshell, not hanging with me!

Hammock
    GT SB-Pro, Infinity, Yukon, Vivere
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6
    Insulation
    SleepBagThermaRest
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopies,adjSRL
    Rofl, can hardly blame ya!

This might work: http://www.junglecraft.com.my/index.php/dog-hammock/

On the subject of ticks, I've been using Absorbine's UltraShield for many years with great results. Minimizes flies and mosquitoes also. Find it at many feed stores, Farm & Fleet, etc. Spray on twice a month, waterproof, effective.
    (insert pithy quote here)

Hammock
    in search of one... doing my study
    I might make my dogs Hammock after seeing that video.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Rofl, can hardly blame ya!

This might work: http://www.junglecraft.com.my/index.php/dog-hammock/

On the subject of ticks, I've been using Absorbine's UltraShield for many years with great results. Minimizes flies and mosquitoes also. Find it at many feed stores, Farm & Fleet, etc. Spray on twice a month, waterproof, effective.
    Thanks for the UltraShield tip! Headed to Fleet Farm today anyway so I'll add it to the list. Might just tinker with the K-9 hammock idea over the winter too.

Hammock
    wbbb xlc
    Tarp
    hennessy hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Yes the UP is also a great place to hang. I was up there in November this year, then drove through Wisconsin for the first time ever and was so impressed by the beauty of the state. I only saw the SE section of it an wish I had more time to see the rest of it but I was playing "beat the snowstorm" and had to move along. The warbonnet bb is very popular, I've been eyeballing it myself. Are you thinking of the single layer or the double?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Hanggirl, glad you enjoyed the little bit of Wisconsin you saw. It really is a beautiful state.

As far as the WBBB goes, I'm thinking 1.7 single and then hit up Hammock Gear for some quilts. Something is telling me that a full length UQ is what I need or at least that's what I will start with. Seems commonplace in the hammock community to have a gaggle of quilts anyway! Why should I be any different? I've tent camped in snow but always had my 5 watt tent heater (dog) with me so I never really got cold. It'll be a different experience hanging. Only debate I'm having right now is what temp Incubator and Burrow to get. As mentioned earlier, I'll likely end up with a couple of each as there is no one perfect quilt to cover all temp ranges.

What setup are you using?

Hammock
    wbbb xlc
    Tarp
    hennessy hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    I'm really at the start of my equipment journey. Started with a $25 equip hammock from walmart. Wanted to see if I liked hammock hanging. I don't like it.....
    I LOVE IT!!! I have a cheap walmart camo tarp, oh ya and I bought some all in one suspension. Whoopie plus strap all connected. This week I am doing the dance of joy cause I got the hennessy tarp that I ordered online. Laid it out on the campground pool table and it sure looks good. Slept in the hammock last month till 40* with an ordinary sleeping bag on top of a thermo-rest pad with reflectix on top of it. That was with the plastic tarp.
    Oh ya and I bought a couple walmart down sleeping bags.
    I am looking to get a better hammock and am interested in the wbbb but I'm concerned that folks are reporting trouble with the zippers as they go around the ends of the hammock (so you can remove the bug net) I'm hoping Brandon will address that issue. So I'm kinda holding off on the purchase to see.
    I also have dogs - 3. Have to get a dog sitter to spend overnights as I have no intention of trying to corral them. Plus they are foo-foo dogs, Maltese and are not into the great outdoors. Though I must admit I bought them a cheap tent to see if I can teach them to sleep in it without chewing a hole through the walls.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12