Hello! from Berkeley CA

Happy new years all!

Long time reader, first time poster; wanting to explore hammocking in places other than my bedroom

I've been sleeping full-time in a tommy hamaca x grande for the past year, and loving every night of it

For this new year, I've been considering getting into hammock camping and backpacking. I could see driving down to Big Sur, CA for some weekend adventures with a camping hammock. I've been considering the WBBB XLC model for awhile now as my best option, and have been unsure which are the best full-length under/top quilts to pair with the WBBB. I'm 6'1" and ~170lbs, any advice on hammocks or quilts appreciated!

Also, any advice on an UQ to pair with my mayan hammock (13' long) would be awesome. I'm not sure if I could use the same underquilt for camping outdoors and indoors, or if I should get a 40deg or so UQ for the warmer but still sometimes cold indoor conditions (~60-66F).

Previously, I had an eno doublenest (with my added whoopie sling suspension) but it wasn't super comfortable (I was a bit too tall for it). After not getting a great night sleep in it, my next attempt was the mayan hammock, which I've used every night since

Also, wanted to say thanks to Shug for his awesome vids!

Cheers,
    Wolfe

PS: My hammockforums username Wolfspin comes from my name + my hobby of spinning sock/led/fire poi, often in nature!

tumblr_nhjer6fb4B1rp9t1oo1_500.jpgtumblr_nhjexx9vVc1rp9t1oo1_500.jpg
    http://wolfspin.tumblr.com/

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/Hennessy EXP
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood

Hello! from Berkeley CA

Welcome to the forum. I am just through the tunnel in pleasant hill. I have an XLC and I have yet to try it on a long trip. I am just over six feet and it fits well.

• + New Posts