Hammock
    WBXLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-Season UQ
    Suspension
    AWS

Optimal Width & Height for Hanging Indoors? (WBXLC and WBRR)

Hey all,

I'm working on installing some indoor hardware in my basement for the purpose of hanging my hammock(s) INDOORS.

I currently own a WBXLC and I'm planning to buy a new WBRR this year. I'd like to use them both to hang from the same set of studs, but the problem is - I know these two hammocks aren't created equal in terms of their ideal hanging width.

For those of you with experience in both of these hammocks - what do you think would be the optimal hanging distance between the studs if I wanted it to fit BOTH of hammocks? 15 feet maybe? What do you think?

Also, in my experience with the WBXLC, it's pretty finicky in how it needs to hang (foot end about 1 foot higher than the head end), so I want to be sure I'm drilling my hooks into these studs at the correct height. I'll probably end up placing at least 3, maybe 4 different hanging points to accommodate both hammocks - so if you're so kind as to tell me your thoughts on a hanging distance, perhaps you could also give me your input on how high each of the hanging points should be off the ground?

Just looking for ideas here, of course. I'll probably do plenty of my own adjusting on the spot - but I'd be curious to hear what all of you think.

Thanks in advance!
    "I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking." - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    You won't be able to hang both hammocks from the same anchor points equally well. The Ridgerunner requires a much more shallow angle.

If you attach two beams to your walls tree trunk style, you only need to drill 4 holes in your wall and can then adjust your suspension like you would on a tree.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/DIY APEX
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    I have two eye bolts that I use to hang a gathered end 11' hammock and while I can use the same two eyebolts to hang the Ridgerunner, it is not ideal. The RR has too much slack and the eyebolts really need to be much lower for a flat lay. Like the beam idea, might have to try that.

• + New Posts