WBRR or 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpdrPoly Cinch Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrip View Post
    For those of you who said no ridgeline, how does that work with a bug net? I'm having a hard time envisioning a bug net without a ridgeline. Do you just let it fall on your face?
    I am just now experimenting with a structural ridgeline on my hammock. In the past I preferred just the CRL on my tarp and could hang things from it as it was underneath the tarp. With my new Superfly I can't put the CRL under the tarp so I've added a SRL to my hammock so I have a place to hang things. With regards to a bug net, I haven't been in areas where the bugs are too terribly bad so my DIY HUG bug net has worked. I use a small piece of shock cord to keep it off my face. Here is a link that explains it. I can certainly see the benefits of a repeatable hang angle with the SRL but I'm having a tough time dialing it in just how I want it, I guess i just need to spend more time with it.

With regards to the tarp, I do prefer the CRL with the "V". Even going over my tarp it makes it so easy to center the tarp over my hammock. Plus, if I ever decide to do a pole mod on my Superfly It's there to reduce wear points on the tarp. I used to use prussics on the CRL but now have some dutch bling that I prefer because it gives me a mechanical advantage to really tighten the tarp up. I have a Dutch Hook on one end and a Stingerz on the other and it really works well for me. I can see how two lines off the end could work as well and it would simplify the amount of cord to deal with but I personally prefer the CRL for my purposes.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrip View Post
    For those of you who said no ridgeline, how does that work with a bug net? I'm having a hard time envisioning a bug net without a ridgeline. Do you just let it fall on your face?
    Unless the bug net is oversized considerably, it will stay suspended just fine.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    There is also of course such a thing as a non-structural RL. Just a piece of shock cord will give you a line to hold up a bug net but not set the sag of your hammock. Something like Paracord would be a non-structural Ridge Line as well as it has so much stretch, but would then also give you a place for a RL Organizer or other gear you might want to hang above you.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Enlightened / HG
    Suspension
    HG Daisy Chain
    Images
    I like my ridge line to support my tarp. Also obviously helps with non integrated bug nets. To be fair...never tried it without. Might have to once.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234