Need opinions on this hammock for sleep

Hi I am thinking about switching to full time hammock sleeping and would like to know if this is a good option http://www.hammockuniverseusa.com/pr...-hammock-stand
    I am 5'4" in case that plays a part. Also for cat owners, does switching to a hammock pretty much mean no more cuddling with your pet while sleeping or is it possible for some?

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    I have this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    my dog jumps in sometimes and hangs out with no issues

your link kinda looks like a solid main part with frills ? so should be good to go

I want to do mine on a wall to get it higher off the ground and the stands are kinda a pain to deal with when vacuming and such but is a good way to decide if you want to hang full time

That link looks good too, though I don't like the colour options. I'm going to be moving a lot so I figure a stand is easier.

I think you would be very happy with that hammock.
    As for the cat, If it has no claws it could work.

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    yeah moving or renting a stand would be the way to go for sure

that one you posted looks good more meant to say its close to this one I got so go for it buy what ya like the base looks about the same solid fabric so the cats should be OK I find they dont like being along side without a fleece or something but only like to be on top of me or inbetween my legs on top of the TQ cause they slide underneath me kinda if laying along side
    sometimes I just put a fleece blanket down for them to lay on if they want to take a nap with me in the hammock and it works out well cause it kinda gives there legs something to rest against other than sinking down along side me hope that makes sense so lay it over your arm and chest and they have a pocket to lay in kinda thing
    but as said claws ? no idea if they get unsure footed when sliding under you if the claws would pop out for security keep us posted how it works out

ikea has these great fleece or did for $3 in the kids dept all hemmed and everything pretty hard to even by fabric for that cheap

Hammock
    Too Many
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    When I decided I wanted to start testing out hammocks indoors, I just mounted two anchors into the walls; I was lucky enough to have two closets that face each other and was able to put the anchors in the back wall of the closet so they aren't even visible in the room. I sprung for the anchors that ENO sells, maybe $15 or so on Amazon, if that, and use my $30 Dutch Argon hammock. I was able to leave my bed and all normal furniture untouched so my room doesn't look like I'm some weirdo and my dog still sleeps in my bed. I prefer this over the cost, bulk, and inconvenience that a hammock stand would create given my layout but I can see where a stand would be a better solution in some cases. I mention my setup since you might want to think about the possibility of just hanging from anchors in the wall.

As far as a cat, I presume it has claws. I'd think a cat would do ok on my $30 Dutch Argon hammock and that I might have to replace it annually or so if it got too clawed up but I'd probably avoid having a cat in my more expensive rigs. I also use my hammock gear down filled underquilt indoors, at least this time of year, and I'd be even more worried about a cat tearing that up since that's some big $$. I might shoot for something more like an inexpensive double layer hammock and then try tossing a blanket in between the layers to see if that keeps me warm enough if I planned to share with a cat.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk nano w/ whoopies!
    Tarp
    11'x14' silnylon
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    3/4"wbbng tggl whp
    I used an eno doublenest for home once I downsized to a grand trunk nano. The double let me stretch out in the middle of the night if I got a cramp, and it didn't restrict my movement too much (more of a bed-like experience). I ran my whoopie slings to some wall anchors for about 5 months, but then I moved and haven't wanted to hole up the walls yet.
    As for the cats; They do well if they are being well-behaved, but I don't take chances with the nylon hammocks. The cats are allowed to sleep on my stomach, but once they start acting up, they are no longer welcome. I would think a rope hammock like the one in the link would be fine for felines!

• + New Posts