Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Hi BB happy new year.
    I can see by your example picts that those wrinkles could let a cold draft in or some warm air out.
    I am constanlty scratching my head as to why so many peeps have issues getting their UQ's adjusted correctly.

It's such a simple thing to hook an UQ shockcord over each end of the hammock. Adjust it for a 9,10,or11 ft hammock should be all that is needed.

Yet we see posts weekly that this is not the case.

My UQ's are simple rectangles, diff cut, with 1 shockcord channel suspension, no draft tubes but draft shockcords and they fit like a glove on any hammock I own. Gathered or bridge.
    It's a head scratcher.

I know, and I really don't seem to have much trouble, though admittedly I am more likely to use a bridge. But like you say, it is very common to see threads here where people are cold at 30 or 40+ with their 20 UQ or TQ. It really is quite common. ( EDIT: look, OutNBack, just about the time you were posting this here is a brabd new one! :
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-WBBB-XLC-Gaps

I see plenty of creases in your gathered hammock as well. But obviously, it is not a problem. Or if it is, it would only mean a given quilt might be 2 or 5 or some relatively small amount of degrees warmer with a bridge.

Right now I am trying to figure out what kind of testing I can do tonight. I was just out in the MW3/Claytor again a few minutes ago, and I was OK, but even on my back porch the wind was really hammering me. I'm not really set up for a tarp on my back porch. I could take my stand out into the back yard and pitch the tarp over it between my way far apart trees, but that is sort of inconvenient. And I'd rather test with the dry back porch floor under me for if I decide to bail and come in. (always a very likely prospect due to noise around here) Of course I never use a tarp when testing my HHSS, even if I don't use the OC, it will still handle the wind. But I don't really need to test that anymore, I have done plenty of that over the years. But it's going to be cold for MS.

What are you hanging from in that room? Is it exposed to cold air or sealed off?
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 01-07-2015 at 15:50.

Images
    I do have the creases but never really had any draft issue that I could feel on my back. My test area is an 18'x30' screened in porch.
    It's protected from the wind but not cold. I did see and post in the latest need help fitting an UQ post.
    Fronkey was planning on doing a how to video a few weeks ago. I don't know what happened with that.
    I know he has a wedding coming up so that might have gotten in the way.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    I do have the creases but never really had any draft issue that I could feel on my back. My test area is an 18'x30' screened in porch.
    It's protected from the wind but not cold. I did see and post in the latest need help fitting an UQ post.
    Fronkey was planning on doing a how to video a few weeks ago. I don't know what happened with that.
    I know he has a wedding coming up so that might have gotten in the way.
    Yeah, sorry about the delay. I'm getting hitched in 2 days and been busy with that. Trust me, I would much rather be messing around with my hammocks then wedding stuff. Also, I have an incubator on the way so I'll have both a Phoenix and an Incubator to use in the video.

Fronkey

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12