Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    looking
    Suspension
    Amsteel/speedhook
    Wow thanks for all the feedback. I looked at everyone's suggestion and found a few more that I like. What do you guys use for your tie-outs and ridge line ties on tarps? The ones I now have on my list as the top 3 (for what I need) are the UGQ 11ft, WB Edge, or the Tadpole. I'd like to keep my tarp setup around 11-11.5 oz without going cuben fiber (so expensive), that includes tie-outs and ridgeline (if needed).
    Thanks again guys, I am slowly narrowing down my gear list.

Note: I did find out that the UGQ does not count tie-outs or ridgeline in the weight, so add what an ounce to that brings it to 10.2 oz.
    Last edited by Phalse; 01-09-2015 at 15:32. Reason: Asked a dumb question

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Ridgeline: Dutch Stingerz with Lash-It ridgeline (see here)
    Tie-Outs: Soft-shackle prussiks with Lash-It guy lines

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalse View Post
    Note: I did find out that the UGQ does not count tie-outs or ridgeline in the weight, so add what an ounce to that brings it to 10.2 oz.
    Pretty sure we are the only ones including a hank of guy line cord but I could be wrong, 25' is provided with H11 and weighs in at 14g. I do not believe any cottage vendor includes a ridge line as there are too many choices available and everyone has there own preference.
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Hammock
    warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    warbonet edge
    Insulation
    :(
    my edge tarp is so nice for my needs! superfly for cold winter, but any other time its the edge.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    looking
    Suspension
    Amsteel/speedhook
    Pretty sure we are the only ones including a hank of guy line cord but I could be wrong, 25' is provided with H11 and weighs in at 14g. I do not believe any cottage vendor includes a ridge line as there are too many choices available and everyone has there own preference.
    Didn't mean anything negative by that. I agree, I haven't seen any others that offer a hank of line in the price, which saves me from having to buy it separately. I am new and just trying to get my weights right before making the purchase. I appreciate the feedback and this tarp is definitely on the top of my list with all the great reviews and products. Thanks Paul!
    Last edited by Phalse; 01-10-2015 at 09:19. Reason: spelling

Hammock
    Dutch NylonD 11'
    Tarp
    WB MamaJamba
    Insulation
    UGQ 20º Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Dutch Ti Buckles
    Images
    I was browsing their Facebook page and seems like some pictures showing the pole mod said all their tarps now included the internal pockets for internal pole mods? Anyone know if this is true, or is it an option you have to pay for?

Considering the hanger 11, but like the fact that the hanger 12 has side pull outs. Anyone care to mention how often they use the pull outs?

Any preference over winter dream vs hanger series? We don't get snow much where I live, but rain is a possibility. Is the weight worth the added protection for year round use? I'm not an ounce counter, I've kept out of that game by not ever buying a scale. Any of the cottage vendors would be lighter than my Kelty Noah's Tarp 9 or ENO Transform Tarp.

Hammock
    eno dbl wbbb 1.7 dbl,dangerbird72
    Tarp
    ugq wd 12
    Insulation
    kaq/ugq tq uq
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    i dont use my side pulls all that often but when i do use them im glad they are there. as far as ridgelines i made my own its 30 feet of dynaglide with some smart outdoors hardware on my tie outs i have dutch flys. on my wife's tarp its a zing-it ridge line with a little dutch hook on one end and a tarp fly on the other and stingers on her tie outs. both currently use prussic's and little micro bieners to attach the tarp. but mine is getting switched to the tato attachments. if you dont want to make your own several vendors sell them.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised to see some guyline in the box when I opened it take out the tarp! That is a nice touch! Thanks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12