WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images

2014 Winter NEHHA in Western MA- Jan 9-11

2015!!!!!!
    Mp3prozac and I drove through snow squalls the 2+ hrs it took to get to Williamsburg along the Mass Pike.. We watched temps start at 28 in Boston that leveled out at 19.. But we were welcomed by a roaring bonfire and cups of hot Joe.
    We stayed only 1 of the 2 nights due to family plans on Sunday. We got down to a new low for us::: 8F with wind chills at -3 I used a 0 and 40 Hammock gear under quilt and a 0 top quilt.. Lots of condensation inside my top cover but I was toasty.
    As is custom we did the hammock parade show and tell-- I again came away with items on my to-do list including a fleece blanket under quilt and a spreader bar set up for 2 hammocks on the same trees.

Unbeknownst to me, there might have been a Dutch oven bake-off-- there was an endless supply of yummy food to keep us warm.
    I think over all there were 21 people who attended. Several of us wore Neo overshoes and it became evident that we stayed the warmest as well. When my feet are cold I'm miserable!
    We had a great raffle and raised $500 for the BoyScouts. I win a down scarf and a pocket knife (thx countryroads) and mp3prizac won a Ribz pack.

! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420987491.246070.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420987529.230085.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420987546.383047.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420987565.555615.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420987586.204442.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420987599.590440.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420987613.858953.jpg
    Last edited by sunshower; 01-11-2015 at 11:14.
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    The Purple People eater. 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!
    Thanks for starting this! Can't wait to see all the great pictures and stories. Wish I could have stayed longer but the cold and I don't get along. I think it reached -2 last night!
    Chase your dreams without fear or hesitation!

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
    2015!!!!!!
    I think over all there were 21 people who attended. Several of us wore Neo overshoes and it became evident that we stayed the warmest as well. When my feet are cold I'm miserable!
    Looks like a fun time was had! A couple questions, and I don't want to hijack the thread but I am thinking about Neo overshoes and wondering if you all discussed sizing and what you wore underneath the overshoe, i.e. boots, tennis shoes, etc and did you oversize? Also a couple questions about the pics.. What was the connector you took a picture of #2 and where was the last indoor pic taken? I don't remember an indoors the last time I was at the site.

Thanks for the pics and the trip report!
    John aka Suede

Bummer, I missed the Neos group photo. Well there is always next year.
    ...Tell me no lies, make me a happy man ...

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    The indoor scene is the shelter where everyone parked- we had the raffle in there
    For me- I wear medium Neos with running shoes or REI down booties- you would size up for hiking boots so I would need a large.
    Connector is a new Dutch item- double whoopee connector with a spreader bar for duo hammocks to same tree.
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Too bad both of you weren't there
    Megan

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Well I just want to say thank you again for everyone sharing the weekend with me. I am truly blessed having spent the weekend with some fantastic people, great food and a lot of laughter all around. I love seeing new folks hesitantly coming out to be successful in having a good time and learning new skills to be warm and stay warm. Even if it means they weren't warm at the time. Everyone left with smiles and "we will be back".

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421001279.006785.jpg

Failure. Try number one. Will get better at it.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421001293.058540.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421001348.782570.jpg
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    What another fantastic weekend. Met some new folks, and got to see old friends. A few things:
    A candle lantern does me no good when its 85 miles away on a mantle.
    When I said "I packed everything". I meant everything except my candle lantern and an Lilprincess's T shirts
    The Swedes have magic trees
    My pinky finger is the only finger that apparently routinely freezes. And, I look foolish trying to warm only a single finger
    A zero degree bag gets cold at -5.
    Dutch is very inventive

I will post some pics later, when I upload them. Thanks to all who attended, to the organizers, and to some fantastic people. We hit a new low temp this year!

Any hang that I don't freeze to death at is a good hang!

I may have left a book behind called "Redeployment"... if anyone comes across it please let me know and maybe bring it to the April hang if you can.

Thanks to Tim for the extra gear that kept me warm, and thanks to the women for not demonstrating the she-wee!!

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Mike I have your book. Pm Me your address if you want and I will send it out.

Also I have a Woman's black North Face Accent Jacket. Whoever's jacket it is PM me as well and I will have it sent out.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast