Clark vs Hennessy Review

Folks,

Thought you might be interested in the review of Clark vs Hennessy that I posted on the Bushcraft UK forum.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/sho...ferrerid=14212

Can you guess which one wins?

Cheers

Tobes

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    The two have very different approaches to hammocking: the HH is an 'under entry' system with a clipped in fly sheet and two guy lines, plus a couple of lengths of shock cord to stabilise the hammock. A line runs under the mosquito net with a storage bag for bits and pieces when you're in the hammock, and you can hook other items to it.
    This is taken from your review which, on the whole, I think was quite reasonable. However the emphasized wording bothered me particularly after your opening comment about feeling unstable in a DD. The elastic lines on the HH are not for stabilizing the hammock. They are for staking out the asym shape and allowing the hammock to move and retain the shape. I own an Explorer UL and have owned a HH Safari and have never felt unstable in either of them. In fact I can't see how the bottom entry could lead to any kind of stability problem. That said.. I know some folks have ended up upside down in the HH after doing the Sleeping Bag Samba trying to get into their bag. I think that's a different issue.

I bring this up because I think the wording may be unfortunate unless you really did feel the HH was unstable.

All in all I have no quibble about your review. Only the possible misconception that wording might leave with the less knowledgeable reader.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

OK, wording could have been better on my part :-) That said, I find the HH very stable indeed, and the shock cords certainly help with that, even if they're not designed to so do.

Will edit the original text.

Cheers

Tobes

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    I think the unstable myth is rampant - someone commented on examining my Blackbird last weekend that he would fall out of it a lot. People think about those backyard hammocks and generalize.

Also, that line running under the mosquito net is a ridgeline and its purpose is not just storage, but to keep the hammock sag more or less consistent.

• + New Posts