Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Looks great and impressive too! What do you think the weight limit on it is? As previously stated, it's nice to see some innovation around here again. Have a blast on your AT hike. Walk well.

Fronkey
    Thanks Wildman, not sure what the weight limit would be, with the Cuben fiber as support underneath it could be pretty high, up to 300 lbs or so .. I'm 180 so anything 200 or so works for me. I'm doing another one with 1.6 PolyD and 1.0 Cuben now, not for weight bearing but for some added longevity to the rig and to eliminate using a ground cloth. The 1.0 Cuben is a bit more abrasion resistant. Shouldn't add but about 1.5-2 ozs. Cutting out my 4 oz. ground cloth and using the 1.6/1.0 I'm cutting a few more ozs. from the base.

Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Black Wolf, thanks. This kind of detailed response really extends the art.
    It's always in the details ...

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hanger View Post
    Very Nice Black Wolf! I have to admit, I'm such a noob I don't know what it feels like to lay in a bridge hammock.

Ditto Fronkey's question about weight limit on the two fabric combo...

Tex
    Thanks, weight question replied to above. One of the motivating factors was to get a bridge hammock in the weight category of a gathered end hammock. I really like the lay in a bridge, since using bridges for the past two years (WBRR's) I've grown particularly fond of them, weight was always the limiting factor in carrying one on long hikes.

I see a hammock/chair conversion in your chair design. With you using that pad in your chair, I don't think it would take to much engineering to have a bridge hammock that would configure into a chair such as yours as well..
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Quote Originally Posted by jlink79 View Post
    How would my Dimond Back Cork Flick locks work on this setup. They have an angled grip and wonder if the force of the moment on the end of the grip would buckle it at the bend.
    Like this???
    Unfortunately, life continues to conspire against me and I haven't had a chance to field-test this yet.

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Rat View Post
    Like this???
    Unfortunately, life continues to conspire against me and I haven't had a chance to field-test this yet.
    Where there's a will, there's a way .. Nice find
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Hammock
    10' Dutch Argon1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Golite20/Phoenix20
    Suspension
    WS,Dutch,Litesmith
    Just giving this a bump to see how it's worked out. With the 1.0 RobicXL out now this could be a strong light double layer.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    Where there's a will, there's a way .. Nice find
    Ditto on the bump.... would love to hear a long term review on either that you made. I've often thought about doing what you did, would you do it again?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Black Wolf hasn't been heard from in a year or two - I've heard rumors that he may be on an "institutional" vacation, for lack of a better term.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Black Wolf hasn't been heard from in a year or two - I've heard rumors that he may be on an "institutional" vacation, for lack of a better term.
    And rumors they are .. no institutions that's for sure .. still refereeing .. still hiking .. still hanging .. still designing .. up until a few months ago [ took a position in So.Fla. ], my travel schedule was insane. I ruptured my bicep tendon so my adventures have just been mere 1 & 2 nighters .. nothing big, nothing long, not much noteworthy, mostly for my own peace of mind.

I did bring this setup to the 2015 Roan Mountain hang. I'll write more about the hammock later when I can collect my thoughts on it. I don't use it much in Fl. since it lacks netting, solo stuff I use a WBBB, when the dog is with me I use an old GT beater.. I have been working on some tarp designs .. one specifically for this hammock overcoming the inherited distance between the apex associated with the bridge. The other one .. well...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Welcome back!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345