Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks

Trip Rpt; undisclosed, top secret location

I probably shouldn't even share this but someone, besides myself, needs to know about this! Not too long ago, I was with a small group of fellow forum members; I won't name them for reasons that'll become apparent in a moment! We'd hiked to the top of an undisclosed mountain top in Missouri for what we thought would be a nice over night hike with fall foilage. Everything went as normal, other than the fact that it was warmer than we'd expected.

The sky was strange that night, clearer than I've ever seen it. The stars seemed somehow pulled closer to earth. No one even thought to put up a tarp! After the fire burned down and it got late, the group got quiet. it was about time to head to the hammocks but the night sky was mesmorizing, and I think we were all putting off going to bed. We'd seen what appeared to be a satallite orbit across the night sky earlier. Then a series of shooting stars put on a display like I've never seen. One in particular was brighter than the rest and seemed to arc just over our heads. We looked at each other in silent agreement that we'd seen something beautiful and special.

Before long everyone was weary; we began to say "good night" and dispersed towards our own hammocks. I'd only gone a few feet when I heard "Wow, look at that!". Everyone stopped and turned in the direction of some lights, further back in the woods and up the hill a bit. We started to move in that direction with only our headlamps to light the way. But you really didnt' need them; whatever it was had it's own lights and they were rocking back and forth, suspended from two trees!

No sooner did we surround it that the lights went off and we lost track of it completely. To this day I'm still not sure what it was and none of us have shared what we saw that night with anyone! I can only believe it was an intergalactic hanger who somehow saw our post! Of course I don't expect anyone to believe us; the story is simply too whimsical. I've always wondered since then how our unexpected guest would indicate where they're from on the form map!

But I have proof my friends; tonight, I sat here and deliberated over what to do with it. It's time to put it out there and let others decide for themselves whether-or-not this is real!

Take care my friend when you're out there, expecially on a solo, you never know who else is out there with you!

Gideon

Alien.jpg
    Last edited by Gideon; 01-18-2015 at 20:16.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Dude.

I saw that thing at a party back in the '70s.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    The mother ship has landed. Hope no one got probed!!
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Far out man. I think I am still there.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

• + New Posts