Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Ok, to keep everyone up to speed, I have emailed Cameron Lipscomb to see about "Special use permits" for hanging more people, in the woods between the parking lot and the campground. I am asking about this area because there are more restroom facilites in the parking lot. I do not know if this is possible but, hey, if you don't try, you don't win!
    It is mid February and we have 36, which is more than 10 than I really thought we would have total by April, when we started this. Since a lot of folks wait until the last minute to get in on things, I am really wondering how high this may go? I mean, it is not going to rival MAHHA or Grayson but, for a first time event....oooo...ahhhhh.
    We gonna have fun!
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF
    VA-4th Annual NOVA Hang-Nov 6-8 PWFP

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyR View Post
    Ok, to keep everyone up to speed, I have emailed Cameron Lipscomb to see about "Special use permits" for hanging more people, in the woods between the parking lot and the campground. I am asking about this area because there are more restroom facilites in the parking lot. I do not know if this is possible but, hey, if you don't try, you don't win!
    It is mid February and we have 36, which is more than 10 than I really thought we would have total by April, when we started this. Since a lot of folks wait until the last minute to get in on things, I am really wondering how high this may go? I mean, it is not going to rival MAHHA or Grayson but, for a first time event....oooo...ahhhhh.
    We gonna have fun!
    (Plus there's better trees in that area)
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust78 View Post
    (Plus there's better trees in that area)
    ....you don't say?
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Ok, i just got a reply back from Cameron Lipscomb. The "special use permits" are out. Something about the Health Department having to approve the camping sites. We are hard restricted to 36 and the extra three sites which may be rented at the time if no one else has them.
    I never thought this would get this big. Ok, maybe I dreamed.

"Plan B" is now in effect. If you have NOT signed up and paid at this point you may sign up below the "non-reserved line" I am going to put on the spreadsheet. There are three "first come, first serve" sites which we cannot reserve. 6 hangers each, this gives us another 18 hangers BUT someone could have them already. I will be there Thursday night and will rent the sites, as needed Friday morning, based on how many we have sign up below the "non-reserved line." First 18 get it and it is vitally important that you include a count of everybody in your party.
    Once you sign up, PM me and I will get you my phone number. You may call me friday morning, 17 April, to confirm that I was able to rent the sites. This way you will not drive all the way to Powhatan just to find that there is no place to hang!
    Actually, there is a "plan C" but i do not know if people will like it. I live across the river on 10 acres and can host a few people at my house. I am limited by it being a rental property. If we overflow, I will pull out and hang at my house, just coming during the day. Anyone who wishes is welcome to join me I do have a great hanging area but it is about 5 miles from the park. Hopefully, if we are just one or two people over, this will do.
    I think we will be fine with the "plan B." This is actually a good problem to have!! That is what I keep telling myself
    Oh, don't forget "Old Shenendoah" float/hang in June. No limits on this boys and girls. As many as the river can hold! https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...18#post1403618
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    WB straps
    There's about a 95% chance that I'll have a friend coming with me, mostly just depends on work and/or on-call schedules.

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith6761 View Post
    There's about a 95% chance that I'll have a friend coming with me, mostly just depends on work and/or on-call schedules.
    If they are not signed up man, they will have to go onto the "non-reserved" list now man. Sorry but......sheesh. Put them down quick, that one is already stating to grow!!
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyR View Post
    We gonna have fun!
    Assuming the numbers on the spreadsheet are correct, there's over 40 people looking to come out now, with another 2 months for more to join in...we may not rival the MAHHA, but we're giving Grayson a serious run for their money...if I remember correctly the fall festival only had around 35-ish people show up, so we may actually end up with more people than Grayson did...

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    ShangriLa&BullFrog
    Insulation
    zepplin, burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Are there going to be people who just come to the event during the daytime? Any rules about or allowances for these, um, "day walkers" ?

Looks like it is going to be a great event.
    “I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.”
    ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith6761 View Post
    Assuming the numbers on the spreadsheet are correct, there's over 40 people looking to come out now, with another 2 months for more to join in...we may not rival the MAHHA, but we're giving Grayson a serious run for their money...if I remember correctly the fall festival only had around 35-ish people show up, so we may actually end up with more people than Grayson did...
    I've got a count of 38, depending on Visionarylions count, before the cut off line. That is two over and I am sure that we can get at least one of the three extra sites so I am not too worried about it. Just not adding anyone else to the "reserved list."
    Yes, we are a "happening" event now!
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Ok, does anyone know how to edit the first post in a thread???
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF

• + New Posts
  • Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast