DH Darien / WB RR
    Tarp
    DW Dyneema/UGQ WD
    Insulation
    EE RevX / HG Inc.
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas / Mantis
    Images
    I stuff all (hammock UQ TQ) in a compression bag. For my 20F I use a 19L bag which is comfortable to fill and then squeeze down to the size of a basket ball.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    Plus 1 on the Lazy Slug Tube. The really live up to their name.

Hammock
    Hennesey Explorer A Sym Zip
    Tarp
    Hex Fly
    Suspension
    Stock
    +1 for big trash bags! Works great and the price. I dont want to compress anything more than needed to fill the pack. Take 2 even.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WaffleBox View Post
    I hate pack liners. Just freaking hate them. That is all.
    So is your backpack waterproof? Seam sealed and all.
    The #1 rule of a down owner is keep your down dry at all costs.

I like to loosly stuff my quilts in a thin drybag. Being loosly stuffed it fills the bottom of the pack and I feel they are protected from the heaviest rain or
    an unexpected event like falling in a creek.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 01-22-2015 at 18:10.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I had Adam at HG make me a roll-top cuben fiber stuff sack for my 0* Incubator and Burrow. I liked it so much I got one for both my HG 40* and 20* quilt sets. They're not completely waterproof, so I also put them in a trash bag.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, SLD Lair
    Tarp
    Zpack
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ hooks
    I use a CF dry bag pack liner. My TQ, UQ, down jacket and sleep cloths get stuffed in together. It fills 2/3 of my packs volume - I could pack or compress much tighter if I needed the room. I don't like over compressing my down if I don't need to. On top of the closed pack liner goes my food bag, hammock and shell. This system has worked for me for a few years without failure.
    --- Bill ---

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    I put leave hammock and quilts together and stuff into a trash bag in my pack. We have some gnarly brambles and all kinds of nasty pokies here. Never had a problem except with my skin. If you really have to sack them, OR has roll top waterproof stuff sacks, the orange ones. They're much lighter than the compression sacks and of course, waterproof.

You mentioned the price, so Cuben is probably out, but a few guys mentioned it. Yama Mountain Gear has a Cuben stuff sack kit you might look into for relatively inexpensive, not too much more than buying stuff sacks. Just make it the size you need. The piece that comes you could probably use in full and make a pack liner if desired or a few smaller ones. No sewing required.

All else, relax! Enjoy the woods however you want. Stuff sack, liner, or what have you! Cheers
    Brady

Hammock
    Clarke NX 250's/WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Vert/HG CF3/S Fly
    Insulation
    HG/JRB/Z liner
    Suspension
    Dutch
    I am in the process of putting a new pack system together- one of the deciding factors in what I purchased was that I wanted to have a modular system that allowed me to stuff the quilts, hammock, tarp etc into one bag which I could then unhook and leave at a base camp. This way I can take off with the rest of the pack on side trips and still have the basic necessities to survive. Also- my pack is still comfortable after removing the sleep system bag because everything will still fit right in the other compartments. (The thought process is I am gonna start by stuffing the quilts into the pack cover which gives them some additional protection and then they go into the camp bag with everything else I need to sleep including some non-essentials I don't need on side trips- socks, some extra food...)
    I don't have the pack yet- its getting made. However, I am jazzed about the concept as I hated having to carry a big pack on side trips with very little of the volume getting used or worse taking an extra day pack with me. I also hated compressing my quilts etc into heavy balls that were uncomfortable to carry and left a bunch of unusable space.
    I have no idea if this is the perfect or even best solution for me but I think its a good one and might be a helpful concept/idea for you.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by signguy View Post
    I am in the process of putting a new pack system together- one of the deciding factors in what I purchased was that I wanted to have a modular system that allowed me to stuff the quilts, hammock, tarp etc into one bag which I could then unhook and leave at a base camp.
    It'll be a cold day in Hades when I leave my most expensive equipment at an unattended base camp.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I put both my top quilt and under quilt in the same waterproof roll-out stuff sack.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast