Hammock
    DIY Argon 11.5'
    Tarp
    DIY SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Inc 0º, UGQ FJ
    Suspension
    Dutch Speedhooks
    Is it possible that the shock cord that squishes up the collar at the head end is too tight?

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbs View Post
    Is it possible that the shock cord that squishes up the collar at the head end is too tight?
    I don't think so but I will definitely check on that while I'm playing around with it today. Funny thing for as much as I have used it, I never really took the time to just work on that one problem. Im usually to tired or busy doing other things when I set up. In the early mornings when the problem seems to be at its worst I just don't want to mess with it so it has been ignored. I hate rejecting all your ideas but I really have tried everything. I just didn't know if there was a known problem with a quick fix. I do appreciate all the help and Ideas guys. Thanks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krshome View Post
    I don't think so but I will definitely check on that while I'm playing around with it today. Funny thing for as much as I have used it, I never really took the time to just work on that one problem. Im usually to tired or busy doing other things when I set up. In the early mornings when the problem seems to be at its worst I just don't want to mess with it so it has been ignored. I hate rejecting all your ideas but I really have tried everything. I just didn't know if there was a known problem with a quick fix. I do appreciate all the help and Ideas guys. Thanks
    Well maybe it time to try another vendor. Some quilts only use 1 shockcord suspensions and seal just fine.

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Well maybe it time to try another vendor. Some quilts only use 1 shockcord suspensions and seal just fine.

Cheat on Adam and Jenny no way! LOL. I don't think its the UQ I think it's the use, but looking at all the pic I think I may have a more narrow UQ???????? The sun is starting to peek out so I can play with it soon.

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Fixed!

Ok everyone I think I figured it out! In an effort to lighten everything to the very last ounce, I think Adam and myself when too far. We used 3/32 shock cord for the adjustable ends on the UQ .I noticed that the shock cord was slipping through the Linelocs 3's after I got in and moved around for a while. I replaced one end with 1/8 shock cord and immediately notice an improvement. Everything tighten up and the UQ started looking like all your photos. I guess the quilt was loosening up through out the night causing it to spin around on the hammock. I'm placing and order now for all new 1/8 shock cord for the adjustable ends and the sides. Thanks for the input everyone it made me focus on the areas that where in question. Love this community
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    There it is! Never would have thought about the cord size. Hopefully the next overnight is warm without any issues.

Images
    Congrats man, that looks perfect. Well done.

Images
    excellent! I did not even know you could get different sized shock cord, but I guess with custom you can get what you want. Hope it continues to work for you!

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    If you still want to use smaller shock cord, try tying a slippery half-hitch stopper knot (just like you would with a descender ring hammock suspension) where you want the line to set. It should prevent the cord from pulling through the LineLoc 3. Obviously, you'll want to test this before relying on it in the field.

It's what I do with my front bag on my bike (the cordlock closure there is under considerable strain when the bag is pulled tight against my handlebars); it works well and keeps the excess cord from falling down into the moving parts of the front wheel--which would be, y'know, bad.

Hope it helps!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123