Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krshome View Post
    The forum masters do not like change!!!
    I disagree. You just need to put up a good enough argument for the change and get quite a few members to agree it is something they would use.

As someone who volunteers his time to enforce the TOS I have learned the mod team has to consider the forum rules (which we did not write) and apply it to any suggestions offered up.
    Here is the big one when you are asking for a change that is not hammock related. I have bolded the big hitters.

===

III. Stay On-Topic. This is a moderated site about hammocks. Off-topic posts will be removed from the hammock subforums.

HF was started to become the single best source of hammock information on the internet. Our goal is to provide a respectful forum for hammock enthusiasts, and to ensure that it runs smoothly…not to grow the forum, nor to provide a friendly discussion forum for general outdoor enthusiasts. Discussion of knives, stoves, paddling, backpacks and other non-hammock related issues detracts from our primary objective. Excellent information on all of these topics can be found on dozens of other sites around the internet...but only this site can claim to have the most experts on hammocks in the world and we plan to keep that focus.

All threads not directly related to hammocks will be moved to the Donating Members section. Fewer posts, but higher quality ones focused on our primary mission area, is a perfectly acceptable outcome of this policy. Please note that if you are not a donating member, you will not have access to a thread you started that gets moved to the off-topic area. You may either participate on topic in the free access areas or donate to get access.

This policy is not open for debate, so please do not email the moderators with requests that we run this forum like others you frequent.

===

As you can see it isn't easy stepping over that one.
    But all one has to do is look at the size of the DM forums to see it is possible it's just not easy.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 01-26-2015 at 16:04.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    HG/pad and bag
    Suspension
    Straps
    I understand what you are saying, however I read this TOS (the bold portion) as applying to content posted in the main hammock related forum, not the DM forum.

Would adding a couple sub folders step over this one at all, being that the content is already in the off topic donating members section?

Chris

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmseeley View Post
    I understand what you are saying, however I read this TOS (the bold portion) as applying to content posted in the main hammock related forum, not the DM forum.

Would adding a couple sub folders step over this one at all, being that the content is already in the off topic donating members section?

Chris
    I don't know, maybe.
    Just for the record I am not for and against this suggestion.
    I'm just trying to explain why it usually takes so long to make a change around here.
    It is not because we don't care or hate change.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    The forum masters do not like change!!!
    I also disagree. There has to be enough of a demand to have something changed. Best way to do so is to respectfully request it and hope the change is made. If not, its not the end of the world. Use to be that trip planning was lumped under one forum, now it is broken down by parts of the county. There have been other changes that are kind of low key.

One my forum I do break down certain sections when it makes sense to do so like trip reports by year to make it easier to find.

It can be a PITA to manage a forum and the one I do is no where near the size of HF
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, Incub20
    Suspension
    Web Susp
    +1 for the sub folders in camp kitchen
    My biggest fear is that when I'm dead, my wife will sell all of my hammock gear for what I said I paid for it!

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Wow! It was a joke guys! But I do remember how everyone whined when we added bikepacking and backpacking to the DM section. It wasn't the monitors but the forum members. I actually think that making subfolders is a good idea being that camp kitchen is kinda all over the place as far as topics.
    Last edited by krshome; 01-27-2015 at 23:28.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, SLD Lair
    Tarp
    Zpack
    Insulation
    EE TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ hooks
    Agree, makes sense!
    --- Bill ---

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I don't think it's a good idea nor do I think it makes things easier to find. This post should have been put in the Feedback, Suggestions and Site Questions forum, but according to the sentiment here, it would have been too hard to find. Perhaps we should break that forum into three different forums? Break Suspension Systems, Ridgelines and Bugnets into three different forums? Break Top Insulation into an Underquilt, a Pad, and an Other forum? Weather Protection into multiple sub forums?

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG Standard CF
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix & Burro
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I think breaking it down into subforms is a great idea. The trick is to keep the information organized without it becoming too fragmented. 3 or 4 sub categories should be sufficient. I suggest, Stoves & Cookware, Food & Recipes and Water Treatment & Storage.
    1960HikerDude.com

“Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” ― Jack Kerouac

Sounds like a great idea Gunner76!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast