Good points.

I agree that weight is kind of central here. Weight was the first reason I got attracted to hammock camping - I didn't know there were other ways than tent, pad and sleeping bag (heavy and cold for the weight IMO).
And of course comfort is the biggest issue - carrying less is totally about comfort too for me, not performance or anything.

The reason I brought this up is:
Reading up on lots and lots of different hammocks setups, I think it's sometimes unclear whether the manufacturer/model in question is trying to be lightweight or not, and how hard it's trying. To what cost, et c.
If a company describes a model as "lightweight and comfortable!" it could really mean anything. Lighter than a leather tent? More comfortable than sleeping on the ground?
At least my brain is trying to categorize hammocks into "weight is a main issue" and "something else is the main issue", and sometimes I can't tell why people are choosing certain ways of doing things. Do they want less weight or more warmth or more space?

I'm sure it becomes more obvious with personal experience, and I agree with people who think it might be tricky to separate the weight issue from the rest of the hammock experience.