Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Argon SF Clone
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I'm surprised to see how many over you take them in winter. I want to wait till spring to see how things go with her. She loves winter though haha I'm sure she would be fine. I just wanna get her started in warmer weather to get her use to everything. This is my favorite thread now haha Fronkey your Husky is beautiful. I've always wanted one but I have a weakness for Pitbulls.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingJunkie92 View Post
    I'm surprised to see how many over you take them in winter. I want to wait till spring to see how things go with her. She loves winter though haha I'm sure she would be fine. I just wanna get her started in warmer weather to get her use to everything. This is my favorite thread now haha Fronkey your Husky is beautiful. I've always wanted one but I have a weakness for Pitbulls.
    Just have to make sure they are dressed for the occasion.

10653417_10203955666030883_1466275472713681699_n.jpg

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    I have three Boston Terriers that take turns going on backpacking trips. Each of them sleep in my hammock with me.
    20141213_133012.jpgJethro.jpgJasmine in Whiteoak Hollow.jpg

Hammock
    Yukon Double
    Tarp
    MWG Monster 11x10
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Hello HF,

I've got three Dachshunds. Started taking the middle aged (5yo) hiking in the canyons this year and he's loved it. I tested out a hammock hang last week, and he was excited to hop in and snuggle. When it warms a bit and I figure out an UQ, I expect he'll come along on at least some overnighters.

IMG_20141127_115853.jpgIMG_20150124_145205.jpg

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG CF W/ doors
    Insulation
    EE above and below
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopie hook
    No dogs since i've started hammocking, but we had a huge black lab who'd go camping with the family and sleep under the trailer.

My girlfriend and I are looking for some hypoallergenic queensland heeler/poodle mix puppies (she has pet allergies), we'd like a red and a blue, and i fully anticipate taking them both hiking with me a lot.

Images
    I've never camped/hiked with my dogs but I'm gonna.

I had a chocolate lab that was my baby. I wasn't in to hiking/camping then but she was daddy's girl for sure. I miss her all the time. We have a yellow lab that is doing her best to fulfill the blonde stereotypes to the highest or should I say lowest levels. We love her but she is way past being able to be a trail dog. I'm looking to get another chocolate later this year and the family has already been put on notice. She will be my dog and constant companion. I'm getting old and that's what old farts do so I'm not trying to be any exception to the rule.

It will be nice to have a hiking and hanging companion. The son isn't always game to go when I want to go so having a built in hike/hang companion is a sweet deal in anyone's book. Dog bring out the best parts of us and overlook our worst parts. Just something special about that relationship.

Hammock
    Shell Insulated Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Integrated Down UQ
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    My dog hardly ever misses a hiking or camping trip! My girlfriend doesn't let me take her during the winter (even though I paid way too much money for a Ruffwear jacket) but she's always with me any other time. This will be my first year off the ground while camping so I'm going to be sure to do a couple of test hangs before I take her out on the trail but she likes to lay on top of me any chance she gets so I'm sure it'll work out in a hammock. She's probably too spoiled to sleep on a blanket on the ground or I would do that. I have read on here before about people getting those rubber dog boots to make sure they don't put holes in your gear or use socks with rubber bands. Better safe than sorry.

She has a backpack to carry her water and food but the gear pouches are removable so what you see in the pictures is the harness underneath; we mainly use it to lift her up rocks and what not on the rare occasion that she needs help. She knows the words "backpack", "adventure", and "hiking" and gets super excited when we say any of those. She loves it!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Argon SF Clone
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by razorguy View Post
    My dog hardly ever misses a hiking or camping trip! My girlfriend doesn't let me take her during the winter (even though I paid way too much money for a Ruffwear jacket) but she's always with me any other time. This will be my first year off the ground while camping so I'm going to be sure to do a couple of test hangs before I take her out on the trail but she likes to lay on top of me any chance she gets so I'm sure it'll work out in a hammock. She's probably too spoiled to sleep on a blanket on the ground or I would do that. I have read on here before about people getting those rubber dog boots to make sure they don't put holes in your gear or use socks with rubber bands. Better safe than sorry.

She has a backpack to carry her water and food but the gear pouches are removable so what you see in the pictures is the harness underneath; we mainly use it to lift her up rocks and what not on the rare occasion that she needs help. She knows the words "backpack", "adventure", and "hiking" and gets super excited when we say any of those. She loves it!
    Mine loves to ride the 4 wheeler with me. Whenever I say 4 wheeler, quad or truck she gets excited lol next one news to be hammock. I like that Ruff wear jacket. But they are pricey. She normally just wears her vest or a hoodie haha

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Ivy loves to go backpacking with me. If by chance I don't take her, she pouts. She pretty much sleeps wherever she is comfortable. I used to take a pad, but she never slept on it. Sometimes in the spring she likes to rake leaves into a pile and curl up there. Sometimes she sleeps under the hammock. If it is going to be windy and rainy, I take a pup tarp, which is the canopy of an old six moon designs lunar solo that I cut down a bit.
    I used to leash her at night, but that made her nervous. I guess she felt vulnerable. She does not leave camp at night, but will bark if something comes too close. When she barks at night, I listen closely. If it is a deer snort, I go back to sleep. So far, we have not had the huff and growl of a bear, so I have not had to roll out of the hammock for that. She is also good for licking out my freezer bags after I have eaten dinner. She does her part to keep a clean and odor free camp. And, most importantly, she makes me laugh ...a lot!

Hammock
    wbbb xlc
    Tarp
    hennessy hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    It's great when your dog can make you laugh. That's how I ended up with three dogs, one pup of the two parents made me laugh every day and I just couldn't part with him. I named him Happy.
    They haven't gone hammocking with me yet, but I only just got into this a few months ago.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast