Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Yeti / Ultra 20
    Suspension
    Straps/Biners

Issues

So I am having a couple of iussues.

1. When I set up my hammock and sit in it I cannot bend my ridgeline like Brandon does in his videos. Maybe its an angle problem but I cant be off by much. I have comfortably slept in it 2 nights tho.

2. My tieouts for the shelf.

One shock cord came tied to the ring and the other was inside the hammock. After watching his video I dont know which way its supposed to be setup.

This is the one that was already tied on when I got the hammock, it looks like no adjustments can be made...

After watching his video I setup the other one like this which I think is right. Is it?

Lastly an unrelated BB question but I got a Claytor Diamond Fly and think I need a ridgeline for it. It came with some cord that looks like it can be used to tie from each corner to a tree and tieout but it doesnt have a ridgeline. What do I need/how do I set it up properly

Images
    the bottom picture is the correct setup for the shockcord.

as for the rl, folks just seem to find it comfier with less tension on the rl. pulling the the suspension tighter so the suspension runs flatter (more horizontal) will increase tension on the rl (only do this if the rl sags while you are laying down or if you have to to reach trees that are very far apart). loosening the suspension so the suspension runs at a steeper angle will decrease tension on the rl. (do this if the rl seems too tight) loosening the suspension might put the hammock on the ground so you may have to raise the straps on the tree at the same time to keep the hammock where you want it.

the ridgeline can handle plenty of tension, so don't worry too much about it if the suspension seems to be running at a decent 25-30 deg angle and the hammock is comfy. the rl itself allows for some leeway during setup, just don't pull your suspension horizontal during setup and you'll be fine.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I see no reason you'd need a ridgeline for the diamond fly - tie the two corners off to the two trees and you're good to go.

Like WBguy said, if you want that loose ridgeline, the trick is to put your tree straps higher on the tree and have the hammock hang down from there. I usually end up putting my tree straps up above head level, which gives me a nice slope downwards in my suspension straps and a comfortably loose ridgeline.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Yeti / Ultra 20
    Suspension
    Straps/Biners
    I really dont like the cord they sent with it, I'm thinking about switching it out too. I just didnt know if people who have this tarp used a ridgeline setup on it or not

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Yeti / Ultra 20
    Suspension
    Straps/Biners
    I moved the lines up and was able to get a proper hang with the hammock. - Thanks Brandon, I dont think I weigh enough to break it but its great to know your doing something the ways its supposed to be.

Now I am just working on the tie outs and practicing setting up the claytor diamond fly. I can see myself switching out the lines from what they sent me to something else. I've tried tieing it around the tree but kept getting the hammock off center (I know your supposed to hang the tarp first but Im just setting up in my backyard for now) I also tried running the line through the biner and tieing it back to itself. I'll have to read more on what works the best but that was my initial setup of the tarp.

As always I have pictures!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    If you are having trouble adjusting your tarp to get it in the center, you might want to try one of the many adjustable guyline tensioners there are out there. I use a couple of figure 9 carabiners - the biners clip to the tarp and the ropes get tied to each tree. Then I can attach the other ends of the ropes to the figure 9s and make it easy to tweak the tarp position. There are many other ways if doing similar things, so hopefully others will chime on with their preferred methods.

Hammock
    WB - BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    CLAYTORDIAMOND FLY
    Insulation
    "JRB"SHENANDOAH UQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    " Now I am just working on the tie outs and practicing setting up the claytor diamond fly. I can see myself switching out the lines from what they sent me to something else. I've tried tieing it around the tree but kept getting the hammock off center (I know your supposed to hang the tarp first but Im just setting up in my backyard for now) I also tried running the line through the biner and tieing it back to itself. I'll have to read more on what works the best but that was my initial setup of the tarp."

HI Broke Enthusiast -

I use the CLAYTOR DIAMOND FLY with my BLACKBIRD hammock , and I only use TWO knots for the whole setup of the hammock and rain fly .
    On the hammock , carabiners around the tree and for the webbing at the triangle buckles a quick release DOUBLE SLIPPED HALF HITCH .
    And for the rain fly , I only use ONE knot for the rest of the set up .
    The Claytor does not need a ridge line to work , I use a -
    quick release taut line hitch adjustable tensioning knot at eather end of the tarp , then you cant go wrong .
    Say you have the setup like you have tied left end of the tarp to a tree with say a ( siberian hitch knot, evenk knot ) and the other end with a taut line hitch knot and find out you need to go to the left about a foot , then you will say this famous hammocking saying F---k IT undo it and start again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The two guy lines to the ground pegs are also adjustable quick release taut line hitch tensioning knots .
    Once you realize how to use these two knots , your live in the great out doors will be a better one .
    I use the cord that came with the Claytor , as your name implies , why spend money on fancy named brand cord and gizmoes , when you have all the things in front of you for free .
    Try YOUTUBE to find videos on how to do a taut line hitch , ther are plenty of them to choose from , thats how I did it .
    I was thinking about FIGURE 9`S myself for the tarp guy lines , as I knew absolutely nothing about knots myself , but I went on to youtube and hey presto , there you have it .
    After watching a few different videos on knots , I tryed them out and now they are a piece of cake .

So every knot I have on my hammock - fly setup is a quick release knot , pull the tag end and bingo the knot is undone ,remember the old saying -
    KISS : KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

Dave ...............
    " These are the FASTEST DETROIT DIESELS in the EUROPEAN THEATER OF OPERATIONS
    forward or back "
    by ODDBALL from KELLYS HEROES
    What a guy , an insperation to us all !!!!

HOW NOT TO TAKE BAD NEWS -THE OFFICE
    IT IS OVER !!!!!
    WE ARE SCREWED !!!
    THIS IS THE WORST !!!!!!!!
    Michael Scott - DUNDER MIFFLIN SCRANTON

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Yeti / Ultra 20
    Suspension
    Straps/Biners
    Thanks, this has helped a TON! I think I might get some tarp tensioners for the two lines that go to the tent stakes but this made the lines that go to the trees easy to adjust!

• + New Posts