WBRR / DD superlight
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Rev20°/Lynx 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    probably time for me to stop checking the order status then
    in 4 weeks time I'm riding my motorbike down to northern spain for 1 weeks camping/touring, taking a tent as a backup but am hoping to get the RR/Lynx UQ/EE TQ/SF combo working nicely
    All the gear and no idea.....

Hammock
    Netty, DW Nylon D,
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    G.Pepper 0 Inc 20
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Wow, sounds like an awesome trip. You'll get an "order updated" email as its status changes but yeah, I checked my status daily while waiting .

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    locknload - that incubator looks great on the RR. Good color, too.
    In my ongoing search for the perfect under quilt the Incubator is on my short list.

Keep us posted on your setup when you get a chance to test it.

I am leaning towards getting the long incubator because I want full length coverage.
    It looks like a little space at the head in your pics. Do you think the extra 5" of length of the long model would still fit between the hammock spreaders and pull up snugly?
    I have wondered if the body contour of the incubator might not fit snug with the flat lay of the RR. Let me know if you find there is a gap anywhere.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Netty, DW Nylon D,
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    G.Pepper 0 Inc 20
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Will do. As an initial test lying in it I did stick my hand between the RR and UQ and felt zero gap which eased my mind some as I was thinking the same as you. Pulling the UQ toward the foot more, I did lose some "head" coverage but no more than I had in my ENO DN as I had it pulled down more to cover my feet as well. The extra 5" would definitely give you more coverage but your shoulders will still be covered with the reg. I'm using a bag with a hood now so it's less of an issue. A TQ may change that and a "long" may have been a better purchase for use with a TQ (no hood). When I ordered my UQ, the RR wasn't even in my sights.
    I have an overnight hike planned at the end of the month but as long as the temps aren't in the negatives, I may hang in the backyard this weekend. If so, I'll report back.

I'm saving for a TQ now and will be getting the Burrow 20 in the same color. LOVE this brown!

Hammock
    WBRR, Numerous DIY
    Tarp
    Winter Palace WBCB
    Insulation
    WB Lynx HG TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Strap/SMC Ring
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    locknload - that incubator looks great on the RR. Good color, too.
    In my ongoing search for the perfect under quilt the Incubator is on my short list.

Keep us posted on your setup when you get a chance to test it.

I am leaning towards getting the long incubator because I want full length coverage.
    It looks like a little space at the head in your pics. Do you think the extra 5" of length of the long model would still fit between the hammock spreaders and pull up snugly?
    I have wondered if the body contour of the incubator might not fit snug with the flat lay of the RR. Let me know if you find there is a gap anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by locknload View Post
    Will do. As an initial test lying in it I did stick my hand between the RR and UQ and felt zero gap which eased my mind some as I was thinking the same as you. Pulling the UQ toward the foot more, I did lose some "head" coverage but no more than I had in my ENO DN as I had it pulled down more to cover my feet as well. The extra 5" would definitely give you more coverage but your shoulders will still be covered with the reg. I'm using a bag with a hood now so it's less of an issue. A TQ may change that and a "long" may have been a better purchase for use with a TQ (no hood). When I ordered my UQ, the RR wasn't even in my sights.
    I have an overnight hike planned at the end of the month but as long as the temps aren't in the negatives, I may hang in the backyard this weekend. If so, I'll report back.

I'm saving for a TQ now and will be getting the Burrow 20 in the same color. LOVE this brown!
    Well, that's one nice looking quilt. I say that because I have the exact one, 20º +1 and same colors. I used it for quite a while on my gathered ends with excellent results and when I switched to the RR I put it on there also, but I could never get it to work 100% because of the hour glass shape of the hammock body. On one trip, Tall Paul, Bonepile and I all 3 work with it, with one laying in it and 2 adjusting, but no joy. If it's attached at the width of the spreader bars then there is a gap on the side at the middle because of the bed shape. You can pull the quilt in here and it seals but then droops to create a gap under your butt. I attached a line at the quilt middle and pulled it over the bugnet and down to the other side and then pulled up the quilt and it sealed quite well but I couldn't deal with a line going over the top. Another way is to attach it at the foot bar as you have and then prussic the head end to the triangle dogbones and that way you can pull it up and in at the same time to try and match the width of the middle. This was better but I just switched to the Lynx and never looked back, it is a no brainer. After seeing your pics, I even tried it again yesterday, but still no luck. Locknload, I really hope this works for you and am curious to hear your testing results. It's a great UQ and I sure hated to put it in the closet and have to buy another.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Good info, Firebird - exactly the concerns with fit that i am wondering about.
    Looking forward to more input from Locknload...
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Netty, DW Nylon D,
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    G.Pepper 0 Inc 20
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Bahhhhh, that's not good news. The only slight concerns I had were the sides at the mid-length portion. Because of the shape, the sides are a little higher so I wondered if they would "seal" against the RR's walls. I'll really try and give it a shot this weekend.

Just got the email today, my WBRR and Lynx UQ has shipped! Extatic is an appropriate word to describe how I feel today.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiner35 View Post
    Just got the email today, my WBRR and Lynx UQ has shipped! Extatic is an appropriate word to describe how I feel today.
    All my gear just shipped as well and should be here tomorrow. WBRR, Lynx, Mamba, Cloudburst, and a Spindrift. I'm stoked. I'll finally be able to hammock camp in winter. Ordered on 2/11. Shipped yesterday, but would have on Tuesday had I not changed my order. 7 days for a full setup is an awesome turn around time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    All my gear just shipped as well and should be here tomorrow. WBRR, Lynx, Mamba, Cloudburst, and a Spindrift. I'm stoked. I'll finally be able to hammock camp in winter. Ordered on 2/11. Shipped yesterday, but would have on Tuesday had I not changed my order. 7 days for a full setup is an awesome turn around time.
    That must have set you back a pretty penny, I will be getting a spindrift and TQ soon!

What pattern did you get on the spindrift, I am leaning towards multicam

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast