Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images

NC > 2015 3rd annual Smoke Butt Hang> May 27th-31st> Falls Lake, Durham NC

2015 3rd Annual NC Smoke Butt Hang
    At Falls Lake, Rolling View Group Camp Sites, Durham NC. May 27th-31st

Alrighty folks lets plan on having some good food, good company and good weather here in North Carolina
    for a Smoke Butt Hang.

When: 4pm Wednesday 27th-3pm Sunday May 31st 2015

Where: Same place as last year, Durham, NC at Falls Lake Rolling View Group Campground ( 10 MILES FROM DURHAM 12 MILES FROM RALEIGH). Rolling View - 4201 Baptist Road in Durham. Baptist Road is on NC 98, approximately five miles east of Durham and seven miles west of NC 50. Coordinates 36.019039,-78.726387. Site 4 will be the main gathering site, reserved for Wednesday 4pm thru Sunday 3pm.
    Site 3, right next door is reserved for Friday 4pm thru Sunday 3pm, for those who want to spread out more. It has its own fire ring. Remember site 4 slopes down and goes right to the water. Lots of trees to hang from.

What: It’s the Smoke Butt!!! There will be pork and fixins. Breakfast will be provided Friday and Saturday Mornings, by Hotlips and helpers. Dinner and dessert will be provided Thursday and Friday nights, also by Hotlips and helpers. Saturday night will be our Smoke Butts, made by some awesome folks. If you feel like making a side dish or dessert, please do. We’d love to try your food. Lunch will be on your own, everyday.
    Hotlips is happy to let you use some of her cooking things to prepare your lunch, but you have to return it like you found it. If anyone wants to fix something for us to sample please do.
    This will be a family type hang, so please be aware of your language and behavior around our smaller hangers. And remember little ears and eyes hear and see a lot.

Amenities: Water is available on site, as well as grills and picnic tables. We will have a fire ring at both sites. There are FLUSH toilets, HOT showers, parking, hiking trails, fishing, and kayaking. Pets are allowed, but must be on a leash at all times. No pets inside park buildings.

Raffle: We plan to have a small raffle table with donated goods. Nothing elaborate mind you, although we have had some items donated by vendors. Tickets will be 3 for $10. Available at the hang. Feel free to bring something to donate. If you donate an item you will get 2 free raffle tickets. Think along the lines of “Is this something I would want to win at a camping raffle”? Please make it worth your fellow hangers cost.

We are hoping our fellow hangers will be generous in donating to help pay for the site, firewood, paper products and food items. We’d also like to ask that you might bring a gallon of tea or 2 liters of your favorite soda or lemonade to share. It’s gonna be hot, think refreshing drinks.
    Paper plates, bowls, plastic silverware, napkins and cups will be provided. But there will still be dishes to do. We’d like to ask that we have volunteers for clean up duties. We know these great hangers are always willing to help, and if everyone chips in it’s not a burden for anyone.

Important # 1: Since we have to figure out how many butts to smoke, and how many servings of cobbler will be needed, and how many plates you’ll be putting monkey bread on, before we go shopping for this, WE NEED you to sign up on our signup sheet. Please be sure to list spouse, kids and guests if you’re bringing them.
    We’ll make a list of stuff we could use, like pop ups and coolers and such and you can sign up to bring something to help out if you can. Even if you can only do an ice run, your help will be appreciated.

Important # 2:
    The park gate is open from 8am-9pm. If you need to go out, or come in when it is locked, park your vehicle outside the gate area and we will get you to or from the gate. Phone 919-280-7849 to arrange a ride. If you are bringing gear either direction, mention this, so we know if we need to send a truck. If you are on call for work, park outside the gate.

Signup Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Hotlips; 02-01-2015 at 19:42.
    If you don't like my cooking there's always MRE's.***Hotlips

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    SO, I'm posting the food I'm preparing here. Although I'm hoping our wonderful smokers are doing the smoked butts again.
    Thursday Night: Meatloaf, Sparkling Potatoes and Green Beans, Peach Cobbler
    Friday Morning: Biscuit Casserole, Pigs in a Blanket, Monkey Bread
    Friday Dinner: Spaghetti, Chicken and Dumplings, Corn Nibblets, Apple Caramel Cobbler, Peach Cobbler
    Saturday Morning: Biscuit Casserole, Pigs in a Blanket, Monkey Bread, Praline French Toast
    Saturday Night: Smoked Pork Butts, Chicken Pie, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Green Beans, Baked Beans, Cherry Cobbler, Blackberry Cobbler, Apple Caramel Cobbler.

If you can do a smoke butt for us this year please send me a private message. I'd love to line up a few of those who can do a repeat of the wonderful pulled pork we had in the years past. Ya'll are some awesome smokers.
    Last edited by Hotlips; 01-29-2015 at 23:10.

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Here's an excellent video Catavarie did before the 1st Smoke Butt Hang
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...yt-cl=85027636
    Here's one from the 2013 hang.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-c...yer_detailpage
    Last edited by Hotlips; 01-29-2015 at 23:56.

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    PM sent. I'm really looking forward to this years hang.

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    Medicine Mans video of last years hang:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJEKCDYCtWo

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Thanks for the invite, Hotlips. Great meeting you at the FL Hang in Ocala National Forest. It so happens that I am planning a camping road trip this Spring. Had been planning to do the Natchez Trace and then over into LA. Guess I'll pull out the maps and see if I change the itinerary.

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykayak View Post
    Thanks for the invite, Hotlips. Great meeting you at the FL Hang in Ocala National Forest. It so happens that I am planning a camping road trip this Spring. Had been planning to do the Natchez Trace and then over into LA. Guess I'll pull out the maps and see if I change the itinerary.
    Just a small detour LOL. Come on over and do some kayaking and visit with us.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to say that I'm extremely happy that Hotlips took up the reigns this year as I've been too busy to even think about it at this point. Also I unfortunately I won't be able to hang out due to my daughter having ballet recitals all weekend. If I am able to though I will swing by for a visit and some hand shaking, sniff testing, and something I never seem to get around to setup touring.

I truly hope everyone has a wonderful time and since Hotlips will be there I know that no one will go hungry and the food will be fantastic.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    HHDJ JUNGLE XL(2)
    Tarp
    RSBTR & Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ HG20* UQ HG20*
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to say that I'm extremely happy that Hotlips took up the reigns this year as I've been too busy to even think about it at this point. Also I unfortunately I won't be able to hang out due to my daughter having ballet recitals all weekend. If I am able to though I will swing by for a visit and some hand shaking, sniff testing, and something I never seem to get around to setup touring.

I truly hope everyone has a wonderful time and since Hotlips will be there I know that no one will go hungry and the food will be fantastic.
    Gonna miss you man. Hope you have time to come visit.

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post

AWWW Shucks, It won't be the same without you the founder of this annual hang. Maybe we can borrow your smoker rig and cook a few butts, and you can come by to taste test.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast