Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images

Connect ASR to Whoopie Hooks instead of Continuous Loops?

I've never really liked attaching my adjustable structural ridgeline (ASR) to my continuous loops - just seems kludgy, even with the Dutch Ridgeline biner at the adjustable end. So I was thinking, what if I could attach the ridgeline to my whoopie hooks? On the fixed end, maybe I could larkshead the Zing-it ridgeline through the hole for the Amsteel, or maybe I could use double hammock Whoopie Hooks, using one hole for the hammock ridgeline.

On the adjustable end, it would be nice if the Dutch Ridgeline biner would fit through the holes of the double hammock whoopie hook - clip the ridgeline right onto the whoopie hooks after you hung the hammock. I'd try it but my Dutch bling bag seems to be missing (and I don't have double hammock Whoopie Hooks anyway). The only reason I was thinking about this is that the force exerted on the ridgeline would pull the whoopie hooks towards vertical rather than at a 30 degree angle. That would increase the efficiency of the whoopie hook as a water break, while probably not having much effect on the Amsteel or the Whoopie Hook's ability to hold the continuous loop.

It doesn't even have to be Whoopie Hooks - maybe I'm talking about a new type of titanium doohickey with proper bend radiuses and such that would serve as a non-wearing terminus for the ridgeline and continuous loops. Maybe a Whoopie Hook with an additional hook for attaching the hammock ridgeline?
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 01-30-2015 at 23:23.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    UW Multicam
    Tarp
    SF or Stars
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Wouldn't that raise the hammock ridge line a bit, possibly putting your ridge line organizer out of reach?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    11 grams each if you want to tote the load. Raises your ridge line, but it's still reachable.

Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

• + New Posts