View Poll Results: What weekend is preferred for a Mid-West Hang Out?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weekend of Oct. 9-11

4 33.33%
  • Weekend of Oct. 23-25

8 66.67%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Zparks Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    marlin/whoopie
    Sorry to hear the date won't work out. Any of those sound good. I'll do my best to make it.

Hammock
    HH Exped, Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    JRB The Nest
    Suspension
    mish mash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerflop View Post
    I posted this on the MOTRAILs yahoo group. There seem to be a number of them that are hangers, so I figured they might be interested.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Heber View Post
    I have the same question. I like hanging but I'm really a hiker at heart and would love to get some miles in if I were to come.
    I leaped before I looked. For those that are still interested I'm sorry. There seemed to not be a lot of interest or response to some of my requests as to who was interested in going.
    I was just posting what you see earlier when BAM people started showing interest again.
    And since I wasn't getting any feedback I went and planned something else and for that I apologize. I should have stuck it out a little longer. I don't have a lot of experience with the forums so it's kinda hard to gauge the mood without face time....if you know what I mean.
    Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
    Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober.
    Winston Churchill

Hammock
    HH Exped, Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Speer winter tarp
    Insulation
    JRB The Nest
    Suspension
    mish mash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heber View Post
    Sorry to hear the date won't work out. Any of those sound good. I'll do my best to make it.
    Don't let this stop you from hitting a trail.

If your looking for just a good day hike then just south of St. Louis on I-44 there is a county park called West Tyson County Park. There is a trailhead in that park for a trail called the Chubb Trail. It's 7 miles long one way hike from the trail head at West Tyson to the trail end in Lone Elk Park. It is just a day hike as I am pretty sure there is no camping but there are some pretty spectacular scenic spots on trail and these next 2 weekends are going to be ablaze with fall colors. Probably the best we've had in the last couple of years. I take one of my flyless hammocks with me in a day pack with my small stove and some hot chocolate and hike about 3 miles in to where it overlooks the Meremec River and find a good place to hang and just relax then walk back to the car or you can walk the whole trail and back if your feeling energetic. It is pretty rugged in some spots and you might encounter a bicyclist here and there but if you don't want to drive a long distance and just feel like getting out in the woods it's not to bad.
    For a weekend hike check out The Berryman Trail. Hike in from Berryman camp to the artesian well. Good cardio work out going up a couple of the switch backs you have to climb but once you get to the well it will be worth the effort.

So the main thing is GET OUT! Walk your walk! Do what you gotta do to get to the pineys then leave it as you found it. Just take lots of pictures
    Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
    Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober.
    Winston Churchill

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345