Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Superyfly - MJ
    Insulation
    Cave Creek TQ - UQ
    Suspension
    Ti Cinch
    I have been addicted to the Dutch hammocks lately, I like the Argon hammocks ... bought a couple finished DL hammocks and Argon for a DYI that I finished up last week. Ordered Nylon D today for my son with Whoopie slings and dutch bling for the ridge line.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Curious; why the single layer requirement? That is your limiting requirement, is that negotiable?
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

I am thinking a single layer would be lighter. Why would you suggest a double layer? I am open to different ideas.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.7
    Tarp
    JRB 11'x10
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Warbonnet Travaler hammock. Check it out.

Another decision????10ft. or 11ft. I am 5'11' 225lbs. And what about tarps for each length. 11ft tarp for 11ft hammock???

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    Wilderness Logics Snipe is right up your alley.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by mtntopper View Post
    Another decision????10ft. or 11ft. I am 5'11' 225lbs. And what about tarps for each length. 11ft tarp for 11ft hammock???
    At your height, I would suggest opting for the comfort of the 11'. There's a bit of a pack-weight penalty, but I think the comfort factor outweighs the extra ounce or two for most people. As for tarps, that's a preference question. When you're picking a tarp, what conditions are you using it in? Also, keep in mind that an 11 ft. hammock will have a ridgeline length of approximately 83% of 11 ft., or just over 9 ft.

I'm 6' 3". I use and 11 ft. hammock with a tarp that is 11 ft. It gives me adequate coverage, and I've never gotten wet. However, in a windy downpour, I'm going to get damp. And in colder weather, I have very little wind protection. I hope to upgrade to a 12 ft. tarp with doors some day, but that's on my wishlist.
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I prefer 11' hammocks and last night I used a double layer as I had loaned out all my underquilts. I put an inflatable pad between the two layers, which kept it from moving around.

As far as tarps, I again prefer bigger. 12' is just that little bit more on each end to keep you dry. I have a Superfly and a couple of HG Cuben Palaces.

If lightness is your game you might get away with a Streamliner from Jared at Simply Light Designs. You may be able to pull off a light 2 layer depending on the material or a single of 1.6 or 1.9 ripstop. The caternay cuts eliminate extra fabric and some extra weight. He has options for everything you listed except Pack rings which I am not familiar with.

I will say, that you most likely will not go wrong with any of the vendors suggested in this thread. They are all the bees knees in service and product!

Thanks for everyones help.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast