Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Bubble mat, ccf
    Suspension
    cinch buclkes

Backyard Hangs

Hi all-
    I am looking for a way to hang my hammock in my backyard. I wish it was super simple and i could just hook it to my fence, but my dad wont let me. Any ideas? If you have pictures/ diagrams of a backyard hang setup that works for you, is easy and cheap to make, and possibly be stored.
    Thanks
    Happy Hangin'

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Turtle dog stand will cost you about $100. Very easy to store.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralite Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hex Rainfly 30D
    Insulation
    20*Phoenix,Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling's
    Images
    If your handy with a few power tools check this hammock stand out you may like it.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Hammock-Stand)

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Here's another DIY stand: http://theultimatehang.com/2012/07/p...ck-pipe-stand/

I would have built a pipe stand long ago, if pipes weren't so expensive in my country.

You can also build a Turtle Dog stand for next to nothing if you use branches (I have seen one in a thread, but don't ask me where ) or other materials you have lying around.

Another option is to get two strong beams, dig two holes, put the beams in, pour some cement in, let it dry, hang. Fence posts are an option too. Search for "hammock stand" on the forum and you'll find plenty more ideas.

Hammock
    DYI 11 Hexon,1.9camo,Argon1.6,12'XL
    Tarp
    Sil Poly,Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Hutzelbein do you know an Electrician, Plumber, Sprinkler Fitter? We demo that schedule 40 pipe out fairly often when renovating older buildings. Btw in Dereks drawing it shows using an union in the top rail,not necessary a coupling would do just fine.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Hutzelbein do you know an Electrician, Plumber, Sprinkler Fitter? We demo that schedule 40 pipe out fairly often when renovating older buildings. Btw in Dereks drawing it shows using an union in the top rail,not necessary a coupling would do just fine.
    Unfortunately no. I tried a couple of hardware stores (similar to Home Depot). They sell pipes for DIY-minded people, but 1 piece of pipe costs 20 EUR and more. If I would buy the amount of pipes needed, I would probably end up spending more than I would on a luxury wooden hammock stand...

Hammock
    DIY HyperD 11"
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    Unfortunately no. I tried a couple of hardware stores (similar to Home Depot). They sell pipes for DIY-minded people, but 1 piece of pipe costs 20 EUR and more. If I would buy the amount of pipes needed, I would probably end up spending more than I would on a luxury wooden hammock stand...
    So get wood. You can make a turtledog stand with 2x2 or 2x3 lumber. Get a pair of gate hinges or just lash it all together. If you choose to lash the wood and not use hinges you should be able to make a stand, for much less than the $100 quoted earlier. A turtledog stand is really going to be your cheapest option. Just remember that you don't have to follow someone else's pattern exactly. Just follow the same basic idea and if it works, it works.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I already built a Turtledog stand a couple of years ago. I used bamboo to keep the weight down, but all in all it cost me about 100 EUR. I didn't like the stand because it didn't work well for what I needed it: to use it with my WBBB in a small room. Although I used a short top pole (I guess about 130"), the stand didn't fit in my room. I had to set it up in another room, where it didn't leave much space for anything else. The tripods took up quite a bit of space. Since there were other problems as well (the top pole flexed a lot, so I couldn't get an optimal lay - and the feet kept slipping on the floor, even when I put bits of carpet under the legs), I abandoned the design. A pipe stand doesn't take up that much space and doesn't flex (at least *that* much) or slip.

I ended up drilling a lot of holes into my Ytong walls, using tons of screw anchors and what you would probably call 2x3s and cobbled something together that has held my weight so far. Still, the anchor points are far from ideal, which limits my hammock choices indoors - but conditions didn't allow anything better. I ended up spending around 200 EUR plus many hours of researching, planning and building. At least it doesn't take away much space in an already small room.

• + New Posts