Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

first time sewing!

Well I got all my fabric in yesterday and got a. Sewing machine today (given to me that is).... no manual to speak of and a couple hours of just learning how to thread the machine I got it figured out..... definitely have a bunch of practice to do before I tackle my double layer 1.55/1.1 project and have to do a bunch more research on pinning the hem. ... ended up free handing this one. ... but I did manage a double ended sack out of the 1.9oz tonight! Check it out! First one was beer and chinese.... only way to prepare for such a learning adventure! That's an Eno double stuffed in there. . Will swap out the big cord locks and 550 for small ones and that tiny shock cord asap..
    Attached Images Attached Images

...BTW that figured it out comment was very loose...I meant to say I figured out how to thread the machine not sewing in general.... my hat is off to yall that sew your own gear! Fun job though and very addicting. Can't wait to get back at it tomorrow! Thanks for checking this out and feel free to criticize I'm all for learning and can take a beating with the best of um haha

Hammock
    GEAUX Hammock
    Tarp
    GEAUX Dry Tarp
    Insulation
    GEAUX Warm UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by acemedic1 View Post
    Well I got all my fabric in yesterday and got a. Sewing machine today (given to me that is).... no manual to speak of and a couple hours of just learning how to thread the machine I got it figured out..... definitely have a bunch of practice to do before I tackle my double layer 1.55/1.1 project and have to do a bunch more research on pinning the hem. ... ended up free handing this one. ... but I did manage a double ended sack out of the 1.9oz tonight! Check it out! First one was beer and chinese.... only way to prepare for such a learning adventure! That's an Eno double stuffed in there. . Will swap out the big cord locks and 550 for small ones and that tiny shock cord asap..
    Good job and welcome to the addiction!! I swear I can "hear" the excitement in your post. I felt (and still do) the exact same way 18 months ago when I sewed my first piece of gear. It's 11:41 on a Friday night and the family is going to bed...think I will work on some tree straps.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    Great job! This is what started me on a serious sewing machine addiction. It all starts with the first project.

You may be able to find the user manual online. Good job figuring it out. I have a YAMA net tent I need to do myself and can't sew a stitch.

Hammock
    DIY Dangerous Bird
    Tarp
    DIY Rooftop
    Insulation
    DIY Apex/Argon
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    looks great! keep at it
    -Jon-

Thanks yall... yeah I'm stoked. I didn't sleep at all last night thinking and dreaming about all kinds of designs and gear...I love customizing any and everything and now having the possibility of doing that on a bigger scale is scary

Hammock
    Netty, DW Nylon D,
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    G.Pepper 0 Inc 20
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Nice work, I feel this is right around the corner for me as well. My wife has a "heavy duty" machine (it's what her Mother calls it) in the basement just calling my name. Just need to get some time for it. Keep at it man!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Looks good! Stuff sacks are the gateway drug. Next time try a flat felled seam for a smooth finish on the outside of the sack. It's not necessary on a stuff sack but it's good practice for the seams on a tarp and other things.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    Good job! Instead of pins, invest in some wonder clips, they're amazing and much safer for fabric than pins cause they don't poke holes. Would love to see a pic of your machine
    Debi

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast