H/H Stock
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    Stock
    Quote Originally Posted by arczeneb View Post
    Whats your plan to kayak the puddle called Lake Elsinore? Let me know

Attachment 103011
    Not sure, about Lake Elsinore, it's been hijacked by all that jet skiers, I was thinking about getting up early, casting a line from the shore ?
    "You Can't Be Hardcore... If you Don't Live Hardcore"

Hammock
    H/H Stock
    Tarp
    H/H Stock
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    Stock
    iRokk, your pimped out hammock, was the talk of the village, last year.
    With your satin lined, Count Dracula, look... lol
    Check out Little Dude, Real Rocker, I'm talking Van Halen, not and Van Hagar, lol....20150211_192844.jpg
    Last edited by The Dude; 02-18-2015 at 23:13. Reason: add pic
    "You Can't Be Hardcore... If you Don't Live Hardcore"

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Dang! He grew up a lot in the last year!

Is he coming out or has he reached the age where it's not cool anymore?

Where is Arczeneb (Pedro)?
    Hello all count Me and my son(Miguel and Kenny) in hopefully we will carpool again with the Dude and little dude.

Hammock
    DIY 2-layer
    Tarp
    DIY cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Holtgzy and significant other will be there with bells on. Friday and Saturday and if the stars align, Thursday also.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Seeing as how we are having lots of new people coming and more kids, what are everybody's thoughts about trying to keep the language and conversations more PG-13 than they have been in the past?

I'm probably the most guilty of this out of everyone so I know I'm going to need to hold myself accountable...

I'm just thinking that we should keep stuff like this in mind if we want this event to continue to grow and prosper.

My two cents...

Thoughts?

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    I got a couple of emails asking for clarification of above, hopefully this helps.

Decisions about the kind of gathering this should evolve into should be made by mass consent. I'm not trying to make up "rules" or anything like that. If there's anything that it seems like Hangers share in common it is an independent spirit that relies on self-responsibility and not arbitrary "rules"

I want to make sure it is clear that I didn't say that I think we shouldn't cut loose and have a great time. I just said that we could tone it down a bit. Like, we could bring the class level to a 3 instead of a 2.

Both years the "F-Bombs" fly around really liberally and the conversation can drift into talking about houses of ill repute. Which is fine and doesn't offend me personally but if the long term goal of the group hang is to welcome everybody who is interested in hammocking and ensure the gathering grows we need to be aware that some of the impolite behavior needs to be curbed... not entirely, but just a bit. CERTAINLY NOT ALL.... we are camping, after all.

I know I plan to tie one on, for sure! But all that said, the last thing I want is for someone to plan ahead for the trip and feel like they need to leave. If this thing continues to grow we will be seeing a lot of new faces in years to come. It is my opinion we should make an effort to create as welcoming an environment as we can.

I'm just asking for us to be aware of our surroundings and use our best judgement, that's all. I can't imagine anybody would have an issue with that but I'd like to discuss it if anybody does.

Does that sound reasonable? If not, I want to know.

I'm just throwing the idea out there for discussion.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Huggers/Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieCash View Post
    I got a couple of emails asking for clarification of above, hopefully this helps.

Decisions about the kind of gathering this should evolve into should be made by mass consent. I'm not trying to make up "rules" or anything like that. If there's anything that it seems like Hangers share in common it is an independent spirit that relies on self-responsibility and not arbitrary "rules"

I want to make sure it is clear that I didn't say that I think we shouldn't cut loose and have a great time. I just said that we could tone it down a bit. Like, we could bring the class level to a 3 instead of a 2.

Both years the "F-Bombs" fly around really liberally and the conversation can drift into talking about houses of ill repute. Which is fine and doesn't offend me personally but if the long term goal of the group hang is to welcome everybody who is interested in hammocking and ensure the gathering grows we need to be aware that some of the impolite behavior needs to be curbed... not entirely, but just a bit. CERTAINLY NOT ALL.... we are camping, after all.

I know I plan to tie one on, for sure! But all that said, the last thing I want is for someone to plan ahead for the trip and feel like they need to leave. If this thing continues to grow we will be seeing a lot of new faces in years to come. It is my opinion we should make an effort to create as welcoming an environment as we can.

I'm just asking for us to be aware of our surroundings and use our best judgement, that's all. I can't imagine anybody would have an issue with that but I'd like to discuss it if anybody does.

Does that sound reasonable? If not, I want to know.

I'm just throwing the idea out there for discussion.
    I agree with Aadam. Just stay respectful and I'm sure as time progresses and the more comfortable the newcomers get in co-mingling with the rest of the collective. I'm sure it'll be as good or even better times with the So Cal Hangers posse!! So with that spirit...the more the merrier!!!

Hammock
    Netty, XLC
    Tarp
    HG Std, Zpacks Asy
    Insulation
    HG, EE, Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    So what your sayin' is you've been drunk and foul mouthed, but next time maybe just drunk. And everyone can do whatever the #-$% they want, but maybe they could tone it down a little for us newbies?

That's what I call setting expectations!

I've camped with sierra club tree huggers, Indian guides with some pretty sloshed dads having midnight tacos and shots, boy scouts and in our churches back yard with the preacher and the choir (well at least a few of them). Common theme is everyone likes camping, and that makes them OK by me.

I can't wait to meet you guys. Just watch your #($%in mouth because I'm bringing SlBear Jr.

Cheers,
    SlBear

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Exactly, slbear!

• + New Posts