Hammock
    Envy-S
    Tarp
    Squidbilly Monster
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Customs
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Thank you everyone for all the help I'm going to look into all the advise given and see what works for me

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I like things that serve more than one purpose. I needed to contain the down sleeves I use with my down vest and the down balaclava from Goosefeet I sometimes sleep in. I made a 12" x 12" bag out of some left over Argon 67. It has a draw string opening with 1/16" shock cord to draw it up. The shock cord is long enough to tie up to the micro carabiner in the peak of my hammock so I can't loose it during mother nature calls. I shape the bag with my hands to be what I want and it becomes my pillow. It can be thick or thin depending on how much is in it and how I shape it. If I want my down balaclava during the night - it is right there where I can find it.

When packing up in the morning, I also stuff my fleece watch cap and my fleece neck gaiter in the bag too so I know where they are.

Sum total added weight to have this pillow is the ~1/4 oz the pillow case and shock cord weigh. The only gotcha with this is Argon is slippery. If I make another one, one side will be fleece.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Argon SF Clone
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I have a blown up sea to summit pillow. I love it, it has a fleece lining on one side. I use it for ground camping ad well as my hammock. I want to get a down fill pillow as well. I've slept so many nights in the woods without one. It's a world of a difference.

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    KAQ potomac
    Suspension
    Atlas straps
    Images
    I have a thermarest compressible pillow. It is filled with pieces of this self lofting foam kind of like memory foam. These things are great and are the only camping pillows I have come across that have any support. I never go without them anymore. I leave a medium and large size. I like the medium better, it seems to have better loft/support than the large.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    4S New River UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing w/ Buckles
    Currently I use the Cub Pillow from AHE, and it has really helped the comfort level when sleeping. In retrospect I'd probably get the Bear pillow instead though, I think I'd like something a little bit larger.

Hammock
    Ticket to the Moon
    Hi Folks!
    The new express setting pouch of ticket to the moon can be used as a pillow
    So goog ahah!

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    After reading some posts and/or reviews, I was aware that some of the blow up pillow are very loud next to your ear as you move around. And I don't like the feel of nylon against my skin. So I tired some at REI and got one that was the quietest. But I haven't used it yet. I have a small fleece "pillow case" that I can fill with other clothes. And I have that synthetic fill REI pillow. At this time, I take the REI pillow - in another fleece pillow case my housemate stitched up - and I start with that under my knees. By morning, if I want to lounge in the hammock a bit, the pillow is toasty warm and by then I can curl on my side and listen to the day wake up.

I use a memory foam neck pillow like the ones people use on planes. If I'm on my back it cradles the head. If I'm on my side it slides over my shoulder and my arm goes underneath it. The foam packs down small and is pretty warm.

Hammock
    Brazilian Organic Merlot Family
    I currently use a comfort pillow from Seaside Hammocks. I didn't get the larger Tommy Hamaca hammock pillow because I thought it would be too big for the hammock. I'm beginning to think otherwise as the comfort pillow is just a tad too small.

Hammock
    DIY tablecloth struc. ridgeline
    Tarp
    Noahs Tarp 12
    Insulation
    Blue WM pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Meckie View Post
    I have neck problems and to this point have not found a need to us a pillow in my hammock, but the other weekend at a hang I popped my neck out (was in pain) and found it to be hard to sleep in my hammock. I am wondering what types of pillows people use, if they feel that it would help me, and what some of the pros and cons are to the pillow that you use.
    When car camping I use a cheapo Ozark trails camp pillow. When backpacking, a stuff sack with clothes. I find it hard to sleep without a pillow.
    Time is but the stream I go afishing in. Henry David Thoreau

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast