Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp

Indoor (or outdoor) hanging with a Drifter

At the FL Hang, Dutch offered to do a special-order 9.5' hammock ($33) for my Boonedox USA Drifter hammock stand. It's perfect without using the stand extenders, for which I paid extra $$. Love the texture and feel of the PolyD. (The stand is low and Dutch said this had less stretch.). The Purple is a lovely shade.

I'm 5' and can get a good diagonal lay. There's plenty of fabric top and bottom but a really tall person might benefit from a longer 10.5' -11' hammock and the extenders. The stand is low so you need short continuous loop thru gathered ends. There is a tilt factor so you need to be a bit careful, but I'm thrilled with this new combo.

http://www.boonedoxusa.com/product/boonedox-drifter/

I want to use it when I tent camp. It's great indoors (especially if you rent) and you can fold it closed and lean it against the wall. Comes in a heavy-duty bag so it's easy to keep in car for hotel stops on road trips. You could check it on an airplane

I know the rules:

Attachment 102821

Hammock
    Thunderbird11ft DL
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    20 UGQ Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thats cool didnt know anyone made a portable one other than the Meck brothers. Affordable too!
    Psalm 50:1 The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and calls the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
    Old Dominion Hangers: Secretary
    First Annual Powhatan Hang and Work - April 17-19, 2015

Hammock
    WBBB 1.9 Double
    How long is it in the bag? I'm thinking of using it traveling on my motorcycle.
    David

The Drifter is roughly 3' 11" in the bag.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    I've got this giant 68' long elevated deck on the house we just bought, and I was seriously toying with the idea of buying a drifter for it. Then I started looking the the Meck stand, but I was put off by the warning of limiting excessive movements. My kid can't get into a hammock without swinging for an hour. And I bounce in a hammock like crazy trying to center and settle myself.

I guess I'd have to try one.. but I've been asking around locally and no one local has one. Has anyone else tried both, and have any suggestions?

Hammock
    Envy S
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by hk2001 View Post
    I've got this giant 68' long elevated deck on the house we just bought, and I was seriously toying with the idea of buying a drifter for it. Then I started looking the the Meck stand, but I was put off by the warning of limiting excessive movements. My kid can't get into a hammock without swinging for an hour. And I bounce in a hammock like crazy trying to center and settle myself.

I guess I'd have to try one.. but I've been asking around locally and no one local has one. Has anyone else tried both, and have any suggestions?
    Just clarification on "limiting excessive movement" this is in reference to it is not designed for " swinging". The stand is very solid. We are even in the process of testing Dutch's double hammock whoopie hook system for hanging 2 hammocks from the stand. Popmeck and myself are the test subjects. The stand easily handles the weight. We have discovered that a 24 inch spacer that will be added to the site for bridge hammocks is also very beneficial in using the double whoopie hook system. We are still testing the double hammock configuration. Stay tuned.
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

• + New Posts