Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles

BMBH maximum user height?

I know that the JRB website says - for users up to 6'3" - but do those of you who have these hammocks agree that that would be the maximum height? I am 6' 4 or 5" and sometimes feel that i would like to give one a try - if I would fit.

Also, if any of you have used both the BMBH and the WBRR, is there a significant difference in the lay and comfort?
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Images
    I'm 6' and there's a good amount of room left over. I'd guess you'd be good, but I'm sure someone taller here knows better. Yes there's a difference between the 2. JRB's is more tub-like than WB's. I like it, especially in winter, the quilts fits and stay put better I think.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    My daughter's companion is 6ft. 5ins, he is of substantial girth. My Ultra Light Bear Mt. is too narrow for his comfort, plus he finds it a bit short. I am short so my opinion does not count, just for what it is worth I like the fact that the WBRR is not as enveloping as the UL Bear Mountain. I found it an odd feel for about the first 2 minutes, then I really l realized how much I like the bridge hammocks.

He is more at ease in my Hennessy Safari. I think he would much rather tent camp, he is a good sport about the hammocks, just not of the right mind set to enjoy them.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Well, sounds like it would probably be a little short for me - maybe they will make an XL version some day.
    I think I would like the 'tub like' fit, though. I sleep on my side and the back support provided by the sides of the hammock might feel good. Also the closer fit of the under quilt.
    This is not to say that i don't love my Ridgerunner - most comfortable hammock I have tried yet - just thinking.....

Thanks for the insights, everyone.

Hammock
    DIY Bic bridge, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    I thought I saw on the forum here someone was making bridge hammocks for larger people...check around on the "other vendors" section

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    Well, sounds like it would probably be a little short for me - maybe they will make an XL version some day.
    I think I would like the 'tub like' fit, though. I sleep on my side and the back support provided by the sides of the hammock might feel good. Also the closer fit of the under quilt.
    This is not to say that i don't love my Ridgerunner - most comfortable hammock I have tried yet - just thinking.....

Thanks for the insights, everyone.
    I am 6'1", and I have plenty of room, but I can't say how much is room is left. I had a deluxe model up yesterday, but not now. If I get time to hang it tomorrow I will pay special attention. What is your weight?

I also take major advantage of the huge amount of side support, and I love the way my JRB MW quilts hug it head to toe and up the sides, and how the TQs just sort of funnel down the narrow U shape on top of me.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    BillyBob58 - yeah, those features you mention are what have me thinking. I am tall and lean - 6'5" and 205# so I don't think I would be squeezed too much by the sides.

• + New Posts