yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    I don't sleep diagonal so they work great for me.
    couldn't you not sleep diagonally in any hammock in the world? what makes an ENO hammock better at not sleeping diagonally in?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    couldn't you not sleep diagonally in any hammock in the world? what makes an ENO hammock better at not sleeping diagonally in?
    It's the ENO photo gallery - nobody sleeps diagonal in the ENO photo gallery!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    It's the ENO photo gallery - nobody sleeps diagonal in the ENO photo gallery!
    yeah I know...also you'll notice that they have no photos of people that look like they're going to sleep the night in their ENO. They all appear to be just day lounging. Which makes sense, ENO hammocks are more suited for day lounging due to their short length, sewed on extra width pieces, etc.

I was hanging out at a campsite recently in a Texas state park, sort of a group primitive site. Some college kids rolled in with the ENO hammock...strung it insanely tight, hopped in, snapped the branch (yes he tied off to a branch, not the trunk), fell on his rear, went over to another set of trees, hung it super tight again, like 5 degrees or something...got in and I could hear him from 200 feet away complaining that he couldn't get comfortable lol...he then got tired of it and took the hammock down. They all had tents...the hammock was just a daytime plaything for them...exactly what ENO markets them as. Unfortunately many people that really do want to try hammock camping get steered towards ENO because of their mass availability and marketing. Not achieving the overnight comfort right away discourages many of them off of hammock camping completely. Hammocking for them will always be about daytime lounging. I was almost one of those ENO casualties...until I found this forum and my eyes were opened.

I think theres a lot of bougie, yuppie attitudes about gear and vendors on hear.

I used an ENO for years and Ill get in the ring with anyone covering ground. Ive slept at 0degrees 12 hours in my doublenest.

Reading some of your posts is like watching an infomercial. Imagine seeing a guy tossing and turning all night bananad 45*.

Meanwhile back in reality theres nothing that makes you lie better diagonolly in argon vs. Taffetta. Theres literally 0 common sense in that.

Hammock camping is starting to get a Starbucks vibe around here.

"You can drink your 1.80 large double double from Tim Hortons... but its nowhere near the heavenly goodness of the 5.50 Venti Machiatto. Do yourself a favor and just spend the money."

Sounds ridiculous right?

Hammock
    HH, ENO, Dutch poly
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    Incubator 20, JRB
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch
    Pricewise, Eno is the expensive highly marketed "Starbucks" of the hammock circle. I like my cottage vendor inexpensive hammocks better. I gave the Enos to my kids.

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Meanwhile back in reality theres nothing that makes you lie better diagonolly in argon vs. Taffetta. Theres literally 0 common sense in that.

Who said it had anything to do with the fabric?

Eno's are short hammocks comparatively, and many of the most popular ones have sewn on pieces that cause some discomfort when trying to lay diagonally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    Who said it had anything to do with the fabric?

Eno's are short hammocks comparatively, and many of the most popular ones have sewn on pieces that cause some discomfort when trying to lay diagonally.
    Really? Because in my years of experience with enos i havent found that. How about you?

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I have a ENO jungle next, measurements 8'9", I'm 6foot + and I've spent many good sleep nights in it. Probably as many as my 11 ft hammock. Just because it's not cottage made does not mean it's junk!

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    I have a ENO jungle next, measurements 8'9", I'm 6foot + and I've spent many good sleep nights in it. Probably as many as my 11 ft hammock. Just because it's not cottage made does not mean it's junk!
    I like my ENO doublenest too...it was my first hammock...I'm a little attached to it. Unfortunately it does not work for me as an overnight camping hammock for the reasons I've mentioned above. It's perfectly fine as a lounger though, and that's ok. I'm glad you've had positive experiences overnight camping in yours. Many people do not and having never learned of alternatives they give up on hammock camping all together.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'll jump on the pro-ENO bandwagon. I didn't know any better, got a OneLink system.

I'm 6'3 and 300lbs, and was COMPLETELY INSANELY comfortable in my DoubleNest on it's trial runs, including two nights out in the sticks just last week. I can't remember the last time I slept 8 hours straight, even in my own bed. Maybe I just don't know what I'm missing, but all you guys that go on and on about how uncomfortable and pathetic the ENO users must be....just can it.

It's a simple, one-stop solution for someone to get into the hobby. All of the sundry cottage industry vendors don't make it terribly easy to sort out your kit to get started, what with all the options and rope types and nylon styles and metal wanky doodles they're selling. Trust me, as a new user, it's abjectly overwhelming.

Now that I've got my ENO kit, I'm learning and experimenting with cottage industry gear to improve my experience and lighten my load. If not for the ENO to get me started, I would have (honestly) said "ta heck with these these elitist ultralight clowns" after trying for a few days to sort out exactly what Dutch et al were selling, and would have never spent a dime. Now I've already got a few hundred dollars in gear picked out on my "wish list" and none of it is ENO.

So let's cool the elitist tone and thank ENO for what they are--a starting point.
    Last edited by DelayedNeutron; 07-03-2016 at 17:02.
    "All alone in the night, I had my own thoughts..." ~Kerouac, On the Road

"Help me mamma, for I have grinned..."

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast