I've been playing with my wood stoves and alky stove to see what I wanted carry. I liked the caldera cone idea, and the wood stove, and the alky stove... so I put all three together as a combo package. I took a 28 oz. can, drilled a row of 1/2" holes around the bottom, cut off the top and cut a 2" hole into the bottom of the can. I also added a set of holes large enough to accept a pair 16 penny nails that act as a pot stand. A small chunk of metal mesh makes the bottom of the woodstove, allowing the ash to fall thru and lets the fire breathe. The 2" hole makes fire starting easy, once I stuff the can full of leaves and sticks, I can light the fire thru the bottom hole. The full size top that I cut off works as a heatsheild to protect the ground. Two of the nails can be added between heatsheild and can body to allow more airflow. Two other nails are inserted in the holes and my beer can cook pot sets on top of those nails. There is adequate room left around edge of beer can and 28 oz. can to allow for additional pieces of wood to be inserted for more fuel.
The 28 oz.can works as a chimney, concentrating the heat and acts as a wind screen.

I took a small aluminum bottle and drilled a series of hole around the top to act as a burner stand which holds just the right amount of HEET to boil a can of water. The 2" hole in the bottom of the can works good for sliding the 28z. can around the small aluminum bottle, once the flames have plumed. Then the beer can cookpot set atop the alum. bottle. Again the 28 oz. can works to concentrate the heat and acts as a windscreen.

The beer can stove can be filled and dropped into the 28 oz. can, insert nails, and light the stove. Or set cookpot on top for more direct heat. A small bent piece of wire acts as a thermal barrier between stove and cookpot.

The beer can cookpot was made from two cans, one that I cut the top off just inside the rim. The second can I removed the entire top just outside the rim on the exterior of the can. All cutting was done with sharp utility knife and a steady hand.
I added a regular can cozie to allow me hold the can after cooking is done. Inside the can I can store the nails, bottle of fuel, a lighter and the small alum cooker. The beer can with cozie fits into the 28 oz. can. The original lid from the 28 oz. can goes in first, followed by the beer can, and the small peice of wire mesh fits around the gap inside the 28 oz. can. Could be bigger, but it works for one guy. I can add some fiberglass wrap around cookpot, when I get some. Small, compact and works well as versatile wood stove/alky stove.
combo stove 003.JPG
Entire kit packed up. 28 oz. can, beer can, wire mesh, little aluminum bottle, nails, lighter, nails.
combo stove 005.JPG
Inside the beer can, fuel bottle, nails and alum. cook stove.
combo stove 006.JPG
Everything laid out.
combo stove 002.JPG
Boiling water as a wood stove. 10-12 minutes.Can sitting on top of nails. Gap around can for adding sticks.
combo stove 008.JPG
Nails inside can, making up pot stand. 2" hole for fire starting and setting over alum. bottle stove.
combo stove 009.JPG
Alum. bottle on top of heatsheild/lid.
combo stove 010.JPG
Beer can sitting on alum. bottle cooker. (Big can removed for veiw)