WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSH View Post
    Thanks much for sharing your trip. I haven't seen such mountains in Australia before. Looks like a great trip.
    That's ok, JSH! I came very close to not sharing this trip report. It's been a long time coming. That's the best thing about trip reports, we all get to see places and mountains that we will probably otherwise never get to see. Thanks for taking the time to watch the video and for commenting, JSH!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma96 View Post
    Great report Bruciehi5. Thanks for sharing, so when are you going to attend a hang in North America?
    I'm please that you liked the video, Tacoma96, makes me feel a bit better about sharing it. There's something about this one that had me pushing the share hesitation button. I reckon I'd need at least a year if I was to do some hike and hangs in the U.S. SO many great parks to explore. My head's spinning just thinking about it. I had better go and have a little lie down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannerstone View Post
    Thanks Brucie, always enjoyable.

David
    Hello there Bannerstone! You are welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Happy hanging!

Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    I think I'll save this for.morning when I've got my coffee. Give me something to look forward to.
    Good idea TallPaul! I forgot to mention in the video description that my videos go down better with a cup of coffee. It'll stop you from falling asleep, falling off your chair and hurting yourself. I hope you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Great stuff Brucie,,lovely country, and the creek , pools and waterfalls were great. I like my blackbird allot also.
    bill
    A very big hello to you mbiraman! I hope you and your house in the wilderness are going well! Yes, very nice area to walk, my top pick hiking spot for sure. Blackbirds are great! Thanks for watching and for commenting too, that's great!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    Heee's back, nice adventure Brucie. 'Ol' Lumpy' NP is a great area to explore.
    Last edited by ofuros; 02-14-2015 at 15:22.
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by ofuros View Post
    Heee's back, nice adventure Brucie. 'Old lumpy' NP is a great area to explore.
    Yes, he's back. I wonder who it was that got me motivated enough to come back. Might actually go out and do a hike soon. March is the start of my hiking season, so my come back is good timing. I like the name Old Lumpy, it's fitting. Thanks for having a watch, ofuros, that's great!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    It has been awhile ... but well worthy of the wait. Glad to see the epic loop! Good to see you out and about ... even if it was a while back.

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Images
    Nice report again mate. Don't you ever get rain up there?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    My cabin in the woods is doing well, ok its rotting here and there but so am i. We're supposed to be having winter still but we are in spring mode, 6-8 wks ahead of time. The snow is melting very fast. I think that's it for snowshoeing unless we get another blast of winter. I just came back from a hike around the property. Still a foot/30cm of snow but that's half of what it was 10days ago. When i see all those sweet liitle spots by the little ponds where you are i'd be tempted to stop and hang the hammock.
    bill
    Last edited by mbiraman; 02-14-2015 at 23:29.
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Great video Brucie. Just watched it... My morning viewing turned into an evening plan after I got a day hike in. I had to get my knees feeling like yours to get the full movie effect. Better than 3D.
    Great panaromas. And great to see you out there, even if it has been a bit. Always hate when you can't find a trail, especially with alll the gadgets we carry. My GPS app told me today I was standing in a river. I held it up a bit higher so it could consult with the satellites again.
    Hope to see another video soon, especially with it being hiking season.

Hammock
    WBXLC 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Tarp
    Insulation
    Shamu, CrowsNest
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks for an enjoyable trip report bruciehi5. I really enjoyed your commentary and trail walking shots.
    Solvitur Ambulando - Diogenes

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    It has been awhile ... but well worthy of the wait. Glad to see the epic loop! Good to see you out and about ... even if it was a while back.
    Hi there Hawk-eye, I hope you are well and have been getting out in the Linville Gorge to do a bit of hiken and hangen! It sure has been a while between videos, and hikes too! I don't think I've finished with that loop yet. I've got a new two part plan to do the bit I haven't done on it's own, then have another go at the full loop. Thanks for watching, hawk-eye and for taking the time to let me know that you did!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMc View Post
    Nice report again mate. Don't you ever get rain up there?
    Not much rain, but thousands of showers, which are putting a spanner in the spokes of my mountain biking season. I try not to hike in rainy weather, even though when I end up having to, I really enjoy it. So, when you see a video with nice sunny weather, you can be sure that I used my highly developed, finely tuned, weather predicting skills that pay off big time about 22.3% of the time. Thanks for watching the video SimonMc!

Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    My cabin in the woods is doing well, ok its rotting here and there but so am i. We're supposed to be having winter still but we are in spring mode, 6-8 wks ahead of time. The snow is melting very fast. I think that's it for snowshoeing unless we get another blast of winter. I just came back from a hike around the property. Still a foot/30cm of snow but that's half of what it was 10days ago. When i see all those sweet liitle spots by the little ponds where you are i'd be tempted to stop and hang the hammock.
    bill
    Loved the rotty cabin, rotty you mode of thought! lol I was watching a Shug video a couple of weeks ago and near the end, he filmed while driving through a town. I was amazed at all the snow. I asked him if it's like that every winter and he said there's usually more snow than that. Sounds like you're having a light in the snow department winter up north like he is down south. Maybe next year it'll be colder and snowyer. This year, I might have a bit of "trouble" making it to the official camp grounds and be "forced" to set up camp near one or two of those sweet little ponds.

Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    Great video Brucie. Just watched it... My morning viewing turned into an evening plan after I got a day hike in. I had to get my knees feeling like yours to get the full movie effect. Better than 3D.
    Great panaromas. And great to see you out there, even if it has been a bit. Always hate when you can't find a trail, especially with alll the gadgets we carry. My GPS app told me today I was standing in a river. I held it up a bit higher so it could consult with the satellites again.
    Hope to see another video soon, especially with it being hiking season.
    Good to hear you didn't let my video get in the way of a perfectly good day stroll! It's also good to hear you take your trip report watching seriously by feeling my pain. I think that makes it a 4D video. That might be one of my first hikes, to find and complete that little hill top loop. I was thinking of taking less gadgets, but maybe I need to take more. Good honest gadgets that don't tell lies about where we are are hard to find. I think they're trying to kill use.

Quote Originally Posted by KefWalker View Post
    Thanks for an enjoyable trip report bruciehi5. I really enjoyed your commentary and trail walking shots.
    Hi there Kefwalker! I like trail walking shot videos too. It's kind of the next best thing to being out doing the walk. They kind of, sort of, give a feel for what it would be like to be there. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the report Kefwalker, thanks for watching it!
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    Blue Bean by Shug,Clark Tropical
    Tarp
    Shug Over,WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest&Burrow
    Suspension
    Once
    Always nice to see your neck of the woods. Adversity in a plan always makes the trip better. I go out just to get lost at least once a year. Keep finding my way back so far. When I climb down the steps first thing in the morning,it scares the cats . All the racket coming out of my knees ! Enjoyed the report.
    "I like grits,because they have no bones" Chet Atkins

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast