Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    i second hooch's idea!
    Smart gal
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    As Hooch said, there's always someone here ready to dispense advice. But everybody is different and to find out what works best for you you'll have to do some experimenting. Do your experimenting in your backyard or somewhere close just incase you have to bail out and go inside. It's best to know what weather and temps you can handle with your system before you have to handle it in a wilderness situation.

Welcome and glad to have you hanging out with us.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoikurt View Post
    As Hooch said, there's always someone here ready to dispense advice. But everybody is different and to find out what works best for you you'll have to do some experimenting. Do your experimenting in your backyard or somewhere close just incase you have to bail out and go inside. It's best to know what weather and temps you can handle with your system before you have to handle it in a wilderness situation.

Welcome and glad to have you hanging out with us.
    Well put. Plus it fun to sleep in the backyard when it's raining, snowing, windy, or sub zero. Plus the looks on everyone's face's is priceless when you tell them or they see what you are doing.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    homemade
    Insulation
    GG ThinLight
    Suspension
    rings and webbing
    Images
    t-shirts? did any one mention t shirts?

Welcome to the hanging crowd - I have been involved in this obsession for only several months and already have learned a tremendous amount from these "Don's of Dangling" Great advice, great people and great conversations.

I myself have replaced the stock HH with a larger 10x12 HUGE-COVERAGE hex fly, added a beak to it, have modded my ridgeline to be removable and have recently started using the ring buckle system. (I will be testing this all out on a 4 nighter next week before cutting the spectra.. )
    i also use a wally world ccf pad and ed speers SPE, have not really tested the SPE out, but am pretty comfy with just a pad, so no worries.
    One point of advice: do what fits your style and comfort level and get comfy with it. I have noticed that the modding/diy habit can be never ending, and while fun to experiment and test out new style/configurations, eventually you want to find what works best...

cheers, happy hanging!!!

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    Plus the looks on everyone's face's is priceless when you tell them or they see what you are doing.
    That's the best part. My neighbors think I'm crazier than hell for sleeping outside in my hammock on my nights off. I've learned over the years that I don't want or need to be concerned with that people think of me, particularly when it comes to their "think inside the box" mentality. Of course, they also think it's weird for me to grill burgers at 2am. That's why I never share with them!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    That's the best part. My neighbors think I'm crazier than hell for sleeping outside in my hammock on my nights off. I've learned over the years that I don't want or need to be concerned with that people think of me, particularly when it comes to their "think inside the box" mentality. Of course, they also think it's weird for me to grill burgers at 2am. That's why I never share with them!
    My neighbors have already given up on me too. It doesn't help that my roommate has a tendency to mow after it gets dark. I'm trying to get him to use my headlamp next time. That should be funny. I'm not going to get into how we seem to try out any chainsaw, weed eater, or anything else that makes noise after dark.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    i second hooch's idea!
    It has been made so!

Shirt, Hat, Sticker

Never actually ordered anything I've made on Cafepress before, so here is my chance!

I'm glad you guys like it so much - feel free to do whatever you want with it. Let me know if you want something different. Good Illustrator practice
    Last edited by Paul Gibson; 05-01-2007 at 11:54.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    Well put. Plus it fun to sleep in the backyard when it's raining, snowing, windy, or sub zero. Plus the looks on everyone's face's is priceless when you tell them or they see what you are doing.
    Good plan! Now I just gotta get in a fight with the wife for an excuse to test my gear!

"You're sleeping outside!"

Don't throw me in the brier patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gibson View Post
    It has been made so!

Shirt, Hat, Sticker

Never actually ordered anything I've made on Cafepress before, so here is my chance!

I'm glad you guys like it so much - feel free to do whatever you want with it. Let me know if you want something different. Good Illustrator practice
    Ok, you know now that I think about it - it would be much much better if I passed the art onto attroll and told him how to set up a Cafepress shop so that the purchases could help fund hammockforums.net

So you can visit the link above to see what they look like, but DON'T buy them from my shop just yet. Wait until I hear back from attroll.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Paul Gibson; 05-01-2007 at 11:54.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gibson View Post
    Ok, you know now that I think about it - it would be much much better if I passed the art onto attroll and told him how to set up a Cafepress shop so that the purchases could help fund hammockforums.net

So you can visit the link above to see what they look like, but DON'T buy them from my shop just yet. Wait until I hear back from attroll.

Thanks!
    Cool idea. How about changing it from a gun to a person laying in the hammock centered?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast