MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Cool SC > Goat Island, Lake Greenwood>15-17 May 2015 - Goat Island Hang!!

Join us May 15 through May 17, 2015 for the 6th annual Goat Island Hang on Lake Greenwood in Greenwood, SC.

This year we will have the entire island again so we will have plenty of room to spread out.

A few years back we had an auction... Two years ago we had a Dutch Oven Dessert Cook-off... 2014 was the year of the "Yet-to-be-Named" Contest. We liked the idea of keeping you in suspense so much that we decided to do it again. Everyone is eligible but only one will win the prize. Must be present to enter. Must be present to win and must be on the island to find out what the competition is all about. No peeking, no hints, and no clues (well, maybe a few clues). You just gotta be there.

This will be a kid-friendly event so please feel free to bring your family along (that being said... please temper your activities and conversations appropriately).

In order to get to the island, you will need a boat or chip in for gas if someone is able to provide a shuttle that weekend. Just make sure not to call whomever offers this service the Goat Island Fairy

We will be having the following Group Meals:
    Saturday Morning - Pancake Breakfast.
    Saturday Evening - “Low Country Beaufort Frogmore Boil Stew”.
    Sunday Morning - Mountain Man Breakfast

In order to cover the cost of the meals this year, we will need to collect a small fee. We are asking $20 per adult and $10 per kid (kids are defined as those under 18, living with their parents, and not paying taxes). This fee will cover the cost of the group meals and a Goat Island T-shirt (the design has yet to be determined). Please make sure your name is on the 2015 Roster and your money in by April 26, 2015. This will ensure we have enough food for everyone attending and your shirt (we have some ideas on this but may need some help with the design). Payment can be made for this via PayPal to ebhudgens(at)gmail(dot)com

In an effort to comply with the reservations we have already made with the GLMD, please make sure to sign up on the roster located here: Goat Island 2015 Sign-up Sheet.

Goat Island has no facilities therefor all water for consumption will be brought to the island. We will have access to additional water if needed and there is a small convenience store at Moon’s Landing where basic supplies can be purchased. With that said, also note that there are no restrooms so please be prepared to dispose of all waste properly (ie. catholes, baggies, personal porta-potties, etc.).

Here is the address for the secure parking place at:

Moon Landing RV Park & Marina‎

4105 Watts Bridge Road
    Cross Hill, SC 29332-5049
    (864) 998-4292
    www.moonlandingrvpark.com‎

The 2015 Lake Greenwood, Goat Island Hang in Greenwood, SC. May 15-17, 2015

Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Thank you chickenwing for having this on a weekend other than the Smoke Butt Hang. I missed this last year, and I'd really like to try and go if I can swing the time off. Everyone talked about what a great time they had, and the pictures sure looked like it was a blast. I'll have to start figuring out how to manage this one.
    If you don't like my cooking there's always MRE's.***Hotlips

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Looking forward to this year. First time for me to paddle over. Gonna put to use my new Tsunami . Just have to figure out how to get all my gear to the island once again. Looking forward to another great hang!
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    I will work on making this my first group hang. Not far from home and my father in law has a house on Greenwood.

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    So how hard is it to get your gear over? I don't mind riding in a boat, but not for multiple multiple trips. Who can ferry us?
    If you don't like my cooking there's always MRE's.***Hotlips

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Due to the organizers of this hang having both recently accepting new jobs with increased responsibilities, we are canceling this hang. Our apologies to those who anticipated on attending this event but after much consideration we wanted to inform all so that different agendas could be made.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mods.... This thread can be closed.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Bummer! But Congrats to Y'all! That is awesome on the promotions! Another time.

• + New Posts